Accounting Vouchers In Tally Prime: Users must continuously record various transactions for accounting, inventory management, and statutory compliance as a business owner. For these, business people use different vouchers such as Accounting vouchers in tally, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers, etc. In this article, we have discussed details about the various accounting voucher types in Tally Prime.A voucher is a document used daily by the accounting department on an organisation or a business. Vouchers are used to systematically compile and collate data in invoices, purchase orders, certificates, and other information required to record the transaction and process the payment. A voucher can not be recorded without a ledger.
A ledger for the transactions needs to be created before the vouchers. To know how to create ledgers, click here to check our article.
- Accounting Vouchers
- Inventory Vouchers
- Payroll Vouchers
- Non-Accounting Vouchers
Pre-Defined Voucher Types in Tally Prime
- To check the Different vouchers go to :
- One can also go to Gateway of Tally > Alter > Voucher Type. Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > type or select Alter Master > Voucher Type.
ACTIVATE / DEACTIVATE VOUCHERS2. In Tally Prime, the voucher must be activated to record. However, one can also deactivate the voucher if not needed. To activate/deactivate vouchers, go to
- Gateway of Tally> MastersChart of Accounts> Voucher Types> Select Voucher Type and then Press Enter.
- Now you can enable the option, “ACTIVATE THIS VOUCHER TYPE “into YES
- Accept the screen or you can press Ctrl+A to save.