Special Tips For Group Discussion: A group discussion can be defined as a formal discussion involving 10 to 12 participants in a group. It is a technique used by organisation to evaluate a candidate’s personality traits and ability to work in a team. we already provided CA Inter Result Updates. In this method, the group of candidates is given a topic or a situation, and are asked to discuss in within the group. A conclusion may not be drawn.If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in the future ……….and subscribe to our mailing ”freely“
What is Group Discussion
Importance of Group Discussion
- Enhances learning of a subject.
- Increasing critical thinking.
- Helps in problem-solving skills.
- Improves decision-making skills.
- Improve communication skills.
- Builds confidence and a positive attitude.
Skills Needed in a Group Discussion
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge and ideas regarding a given subject.
- Leadership and coordinating capabilities.
- Exchange of thoughts
- Addressing the group as a whole.
- Thorough preparations.
Guidelines For a Successful group discussion
A: Be a team playerThe foremost objective of a group discussion is to asses an individual’s ability to perform in a team. Being a team player is a strong personality trait and a times, a difficult one too. An individual’s Communication skill or perspective is seldom looked forward to in a GD. What counts is the participation of every member and jointly reaching to a mutual conclusion. For any professional, being an active team member is essential to succeed. A good team member will have the following qualities:
- Build a positive rapport with fellow members.
- Encourage other members to participate.
- Respect other member’s opinions.
- Does not interrupt while another member is speaking
- Participates in discussion.
B: Reasoning ability skill
C: - Leadership role“A leader is an authority who influences the group towards achieving the objective.” The leader in a discussion plays the role of a facilitator. And has to often act in situations like:
- A discussion where participants do not speak much and are unable to build a proper rapport.
- A discussion where participants get emotionally charged which results in a chaotic situation.
- A discussion where participants discuss the topic in an aggressive manner.
D: Qualities of a good leaderA leader should have the following qualities:
- The leader shows the direction to the group and moves away from the topic in the discussion.
- The leader coordinates the efforts of all team members in the discussion.
- The leader stimulates and contributes by giving his/her valuable insights.
- The leader motivates the team members to express their views and reach to a collective mutual conclusion.
- Effective Presentation Skills
- CA Articleship Vacancies In Various Cities
- CA Industrial Training Vacancies
- Check CA Articleship Status Online
- ITT Question Bank For CA Students
- Interview Questions for CA Freshers
- Common Job Interview Questions
- Best Tips for How to Study for CA, CS, CMA Exams