ICAI – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body set up by an Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for the regulation of profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The Institute functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India and is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world.
The Institute has its headquarters at New Delhi. In addition, it has five Regional Councils located in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur and New Delhi and 163 Branches spread all over the country
- Headquarters – ICAI Bhawan Indraprastha Marg Post Box No. 7100 NEW DELHI – 110 002
- Website: https://www.icai.org/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free number for members – 1800 200 2500
- Toll-free number for students – 1800 200 2501
Courses by ICAI – How to become a Chartered Accountant
Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2 or equivalent) examination of a Board/University constituted by law in India or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto can join the course. There is no minimum pass percentage and students who have passed the Senior Secondary (10+2) examination or any examination equivalent thereto are eligible to join CA Foundation Programme.
For more info about how to become CA – Click here
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Chartered Accountant Course i.e.
Under the Scheme of Education and Training, a candidate can pursue Chartered Accountancy Course either through (i) Foundation Course Route or (ii) Direct Entry Route.
1. Intermediate Course
Candidates can register for Intermediate level of CA Course through two routes, namely
- i. After qualifying Foundation Course, or
- ii. Through Direct Entry, if candidates are Graduates/Post Graduates with prescribed percentage of marks or have qualified the Intermediate Level examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India / the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
2. CA Final Course
- After successfully passing Intermediate Examination, a student enters into the last leg of the Chartered Accountancy Course i.e. the Final Course. The Final Course consists of two Groups – Group I and Group II. Group I consists of Four Core papers and Group II consists of Three Core Papers alongwith One Elective Paper. Students at the time of registration for Final Course have to opt for one out of the six options available in the Elective Paper.
For Detailed Information Visit – Stages to become Chartered Accountant
ICAI CA Course Fees Structure
Please refer CA Course Fee Structure & Concession on the following page
|About Course||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Registration||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Fees||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Exam Form||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Time Table||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Result||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Toppers list||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Pass %||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Question Papers||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Solutions||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Re – Registration||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Passing Criteria||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Cut off Dates||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|RTP||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|Mock Test||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
ICAI Chartered Accountant Course Highlights:
- 10+2 pass or equivalent / Graduate can join
- No Entry Barrier – an opportunity for every student
- Cost Effective
- Distance Learning – any where in the world
- Flexibility in the schedules – Registration valid for 3 to 5 years.
- Excellent career opportunities for CA professional
- Position of Power and Prestige
- Offers Self Employment and Job Opportunities
- Direct Access to Top Management / Board Room
- Good remuneration and growth opportunities
- Good career option for girls also.
- Opportunities across various sectors at all locations.
- Opportunities Abroad – MOU with ICAA, London
- Opportunity to pursue B.Com with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration and M.Com in Business Policy and Corporate Governance from IGNOU.
Admission in CA Course
Admission / Registration is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in May & November. Students have to register through online :
CA Exam Form
The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) Started CA Exam Forms. CA knowledge team provide step by step guide for how to fill CA Exam Form, all the candidates who wish to apply for CA exam then check all process from the following link…CA Exam Form
Requirements to become a Chartered Accountant:
1. Through Foundation Course route:
- (i) Enrol for Foundation Course after appearing in Class 12thExamination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto. (ii) Complete four months Study Period. Register till 30th June/ 31st December for being eligible to appear in November/ May Foundation Course Examination.
- (ii) Appear in Foundation Examination after passing in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and on complying with (ii) above.
- (iii) Join Intermediate Course after passing Foundation Examination.
- (iv) Undergo Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (ICITSS) consisting of Courses on Information Technology and Orientation Course at the earliest but these are to be completed compulsorilybefore commencement of their articleship.
- (v) Appear in Intermediate Examination on completion of 8months of study course as on first day of the month in which theexamination is to be held.
- (vi) Join articled training after passing either of the Group or Both Groups ofIntermediate Course and after successfully undergoing ICITSS.
- (vii) Clear the balance Group (if any) of Intermediate Examination.
- (viii) Register for Final Course.
- (ix) Successfully undergo Four Weeks Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (AICITSS) consisting of Courses on Advanced Information Technology and Management Communication Skills during the last two years of practical trainingbut before appearing in the Final Examination.
- (x) Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or whileserving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be heldafter successful completion of AICITSS. (xi) Complete articled training of 3 years. (xii) Pass Final Examination. (xiii) Enrol as a member of the ICAI and be designated as “Chartered Accountant”.
2. Through Direct Entry route:
I. Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (55%) or Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (60%):
- (i) Enrol with the Institute for Intermediate Course.
- (ii) Undergo Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (ICITSS) consisting of Courses on Information Technology and Orientation Course before commencement of their articleship.
- (iii) Register for Practical Training of three years.
- (iv) Appear in Intermediate Examination on completion of 9 months of Practical Training on first day of the month in which the examination is to be held.
- (v)Appear and pass in both groups of Intermediate Examination.
- (vi) Register for CA Final Course.
- (vii) Successfully undergo Four Weeks Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (AICITSS) consisting of Courses on Advanced Information Technology and Management Communication Skills during the last two years of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- (viii) Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held after successful completion of AICITSS.
- (ix) Complete articled training of 3 years.
- (x) Pass Final Examination.
- (xi) Enrol as a member of the ICAI and be designated as “Chartered Accountant”.