TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019, Domicile, Age & Qualification Eligibility
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2019, Domicile, Age & Qualification Eligibility. Candidates have to fulfill the complete TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteriabefore last date of submission of application form in order to get admission. TNEA is the state level admission procedure to get admission in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is organized by the Anna University for providing the admissions in the B.E./B/Tech professional degree courses. The admissions will be offered only by considering the intermediate (12th) class percentage. Every year number of candidates applied for admission in TN State. In this article, candidates can check the TNEA eligibility criteria 2019 in detail.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In this section, candidates can check the complete eligibility in order to be eligible for the admission in the university and its affiliated institutions. Passing the qualifying examination or changing the religion after last date of submission of application form will not be considered.
- The candidates those studied their VIII, IX, X , XII and XII standards from Tamil Nadu state are eligible to apply. They no need to enclose the Nativity certificate.
- The candidates those studied their VII, IX, X , XII, XII and equivalent exam from outside Tamil Nadu state are also eligible to apply. Such candidates have to enclose the copy of Nativity Certificate in electronic form/digitally signed e-signed certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees can also apply irrespective of their nativity. Their parents or guardians (if parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu since five years at the time of submission of application. In this case candidates have to enclose the certificate from the employer of the parents/guardian.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions working since five years in TN may also apply irrespective of their domicile. In this case candidates have to enclose evidence of it such as the Income Tax Return, PF Slips, etc.
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates those studied their VIII, IX, X , XII and XII from TN state are also eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
Srilankan Tamil Refugee
- Candidates those are Srilankan Tamil Refugee and studied from Tamil Nadu can apply and they will be considered under open competition. They have to enclose the following documents:
- Identification certificate from Head Quarters Tahsildar.
- Those have not registered under refugee camp have to enclose copy of passport, Visa and letter registered with Police Station.
Candidates must fulfill the qualification eligibilities given below:
- Qualifying Exam: candidates should pass the HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should obtain the 50% (General category), 45% (Backward class including backward class Musilm), 40% (MBC and DNC) and 40% (SC/ST/SCA).
- Subjects: Must pass with minimum average marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry together.
- A candidate should also pass with minimum average marks in related subjects, Vocational theory and Practicals together.
Eligibility for Marine Engineering Branch
- A candidate should pass 10+2 or equivalent examination in physics, chemistry, mathematics and English as separate subject with an average of not less than 60% in PCM.
- Minimum of 50% marks is required in English I 10th or 12th for all candidates.
- Before selecting the course candidates should notice that they should be medically fit.
- Maximum age to apply is 25 years.
- The minimum height is 157 cm.
- The minimum weight is 48 kg.
- Normal colour vision.
Note: For Mining Engineering female are not eligible to apply.