GST Return Filing: How to File GST Return Online, Returns in GST
All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.||All you need to Know about how to file your GST return in India via online mode. Find about GST tax returns due date and filing procedure under the GST law.
GST Return Filing Online with GSTNThe implementation of GST return in India is the biggest tax reform the country has ever witnessed. As per the GST law, there are over 10 types of GST returns that are to be filled by various kinds of users for different purposes. However, the digitalization of GST portal makes it easier to file any of such return by following these steps:
- The foremost step is to make sure that you have successfully registered with GST and have obtained the 15 digit GST identification number.
- Now, the next step is to visit the GST portal.
- Log in to your account using your username, password, and the captcha shown.
- After entering into your account, click on ‘Return Dashboard’.
- In the next screen, you can see all the forms that you need to file as per your registration and business type.
- Click the Form for which you want to file the return.
- In the next screen, you can upload all the relevant invoices.
- In the next step, you will be required to enter details of debit and credit notes as per the form you are filling.
- After all the required details are entered, file your return by clicking on ‘Submit’.
How to File GST Return Online?Each manufacturer, dealer, supplier, and consumer who has registered under GST have to file GST returns each year. In the new tax system, return filing has been automated completely. Thus, you can file GST returns online through the app or software of Goods and Service Tax Network. Below are the steps you can take to file a GST return online:
- First of all, visit the GST portal and log in to your account using the 15 digit GST Identification Number allotted to you based on the state code and PAN.
- Next, upload your invoices on the GST portal. Each invoice you upload will be allotted an invoice reference number.
- The next step after uploading the invoices is to file the outward return, inward return, along with monthly return.
- The outward supply return will be filled in GSTR-1, which is available in the information section on GST Common Portal by the 10th of each month.
- The outward return for the supplies is done through GSTR 2A.
- Follow this step by verifying and modify the outward supply details along with credit and debit notes.
- The inward supplies details of the taxable goods and services need to be furnished in GSTR-2 Form.
- The recipient of GSTR-1A has the option to modify the details furnished on the outward and inward supplies later. However, the supplier has the power to either accept or reject the modifications made.
What Are the Types of Returns Applicable Under GST Regime?All the returns under the Goods & Services Tax regime are required to be filed electronically through GST Network portal. Chapter IX of the Central GST Act, 2017, read with CGST Rules, 2017 contains the provisions of returns to be filed by various taxable persons. Following is a summarised list of these returns: GST Return Formats or GST Return Forms - In the table below, we have provided details of all the returns which are required to be filed under the GST Law.
|Return||What to file? and Who can File?||Return Due Date|
|GSTR 1||Details of outwards supplies of goods or services by Registered Taxable Supplier||10th of the next month|
|GSTR-1A||Details of auto drafted supplies of goods or services|
|GSTR 2||Details of inward supplies of goods or services by Registered Taxable Recipient||15th of the next month|
|GSTR-2A||Details of supplies auto drafted from GSTR-1 or GSTR-5 to recipient|
|GSTR 3||Monthly return on the basis of finalization of details of outward supplies and inward supplies along with the payment of amount of tax. by Registered Taxable Person||20th of the next month|
|GSTR-3A||Notice to return defaulter u/s 46||N.A|
|GSTR 4||Quarterly return for registered persons opting composition levy by Composition Supplier||18th of the month next to quarter|
|GSTR-4A||Auto drafted details for registered persons opting composition levy||N.A|
|GSTR 5||Return for Non Resident Taxable Persons by Non-Resident Taxable Person||20th of the next month|
|GSTR 5A||Details of supplies of online information and database access or retrieval services by a person located outside India made to non-taxable persons in India|
|GSTR 6||Return for Input Service Distributor (ISD) by Input Service Distributor||13th of the next month|
|GSTR-6A||Details of supplies auto drafted from GSTR-1 or GSTR-5 to ISD.|
|GSTR 7||Return for Tax Deducted at Source by Tax Deductor||10th of the next month|
|GSTR 8||Statement for Tax Collection at Source by E-commerce Operator / Tax Collector||10th of the next month|
|GSTR 9||GST Annual Return by Registered Taxable Person||31st December of next financial year|
|GSTR 9A||Simplified Annual return by Compounding taxable persons registered under section 8|
|GSTR 10||GST Final Return by Taxable person whose registration has been surrendered or cancelled.||Within three months of the date of cancellation or date of cancellation order, whichever is later.|
|GSTR 11||GST Inward Supplies Statement for UIN by Person having UIN and claiming refund||28th of the month following the month for which statement is filed|
|ITC-1A||GST ITC Mismatch Report|
Late fees for delay in filing GST return
- (A) Statement of Outward Supplies [Section 37]
- (B) Returns [Section 39]
- (C) Final Return [Section 45]
It may be noted that the late fee payable by a registered person for delayed filing of a return and/or annual return, as mentioned above, is with reference to only the CGST Act. An equal amount of late fee would be payable by such person under the respective SGST/UTGST Act as well.
GST Return Forms in Excel Format
GST Return Process, E-Filing of GST Returns
- How to File GSTR 1, GST Online Return Filing Process at GST Portal
- How to File GSTR 2, GST Online Return Filing Process at GST Portal
- How to File GSTR 3, GST Monthly Return Filing Process at GST Portal
GST Returns Others1. Every registered person who is required to get his accounts audited shall furnish, electronically, the annual return (FORM GSTR- 9) along with a copy of the audited annual accounts and a reconciliation statement, reconciling the value of supplies declared in the return furnished for the financial year with the audited annual financial statement.
Returns Under GST, Returns Under Goods and Service Tax
Who needs to file GST Return?
- Every registered dealer is required to file return for the prescribed tax period. A Return needs to be filed even if there is no business activity (i.e. Nil Return) during the said tax period of return;
- Government entities / PSUs , etc. not dealing in GST supplies or persons exclusively dealing in exempted / Nil rated / non –GST goods or services would neither be required to obtain registration nor required to file returns under the GST law.
- However, State tax authorities may assign Departmental ID to such government departments / PSUs / other persons and will ask the suppliers to quote this ID in the supply invoices for all inter-State purchases being made to them.
- Download GSTR 1 Excel Utility File by gst.gov.in
- GST Definition, Objective, Framework, Action Plan & Scope
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- GST Registration Formats, Download GST Registration Forms
Salient Features of GST Returns
- Filing of returns would only be through online mode. Facility of offline generation and preparation of returns will also be available. The returns prepared in the offline mode will have to be uploaded.
- There will be a common e-return for CGST, SGST, IGST and Additional Tax.
- A registered Tax Payer shall file GST Return at GST Common Portal either by himself or through his authorised representative;
- There would be no revision of Returns. Changes to be done in subsequent Returns
Download GST Practitioner Formats
|1||GST PCT – 1||Application for Enrolment as Goods and Service Tax Practitioner|
|2||GST PCT – 02||Enrolment Certificate for Goods and Service Tax Practitioner|
|3||GST PCT – 03||Show Cause Notice for disqualification|
|4||GST PCT – 04||Order of Rejection of Application for enrolment as GST Practitioner/ Or Disqualification to function as GST Practitioner|
|5||GST PCT – 05||Authorization/withdrawal of authorization of Goods and Service Tax Practitioner.|
GST Monthly Return Rules 2017Every registered person, other than a person referred to in section 14 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 or an Input Service Distributor or a non-resident taxable person or a person paying tax under section 10 or section 51 or, as the case may be, under section 52 shall furnish a return specified under sub-section (1) of section 39 in FORM GSTR-3 electronically through the Common Portal either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner. Click Here to Read all GST Rules 2017 (Final)
GST Annual Return
GST Final Return
- GST Scope
- GST Current Tax Structure and proposed GST Regime
- Filing of GST Online Return
- Impact of GST in Indian Economy
- Tax Structure of GST
- Present Tax Structure and GST Structure
- When will GST be applicable
- Why GST For India
- GST Online Return Rules