What is the SBI PO Salary, Career Growth & Promotion of SBI PO? Undoubtedly, banking sector posts are considered very prestigious in India as almost every second person aspires to work in a bank. State Bank of India, which is the No.1 bank in India, is one of the most-sought after banking industries as it invites applications for various posts annually. Speaking about prestigious posts, a candidate designated as a Probationary Officer (PO) can enjoy various perks and allowances. Let us discuss about career growth and chances of promotion of an SBI PO.
Brief details of SBI PO Salary, Career Growth & Promotion
- A candidate hired for the post of PO in SBI has an annual salary package ranging between Rs 8.20-13.08 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- According to the salary structure of SBI PO, a candidate is entitled to various allowances such as leased house accommodation, furniture allowance, medical insurance, travelling allowance, and conveyance allowance.
- Apart from these, SBI PO is provided monthly perks and concessional interest rates for housing loan, car loan, and personal loans.
- Career growth is exceptional and quick as a hard-working candidate can reach up to the highest level within a short tenure.
- The highest-level job profile is that of a General Manager.
SBI PO Joining & Training
- Before joining the bank, the aspirants have to take an online course in order to understand basic principles.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidates will have to sign a bond of 3 years. For the first two years of joining, the candidate will be serving the probation period.
- After successful completion of training period, the candidates will be confirmed to serve in the Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I).
- On the other hand, few exceptional performers during the training phase will be considered for direct placement in the higher grade, i.e. Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II).
Officers who are able to achieve higher standards at work will be eligible for immense opportunities abroad. SBI is likely to transfer such candidates abroad as a reward of their brilliance at work.
Promotions in SBI
- In order to get a promotion, an officer has to appear for the promotion exam. SBI conducts the promotion exam annually and consider deserving candidates for promotion in every 3-4 years.
- In the past, there had been inspiring stories where few officers were able to reach the pinnacle within a short time span. For instance, the former Chairperson of SBI began her career as a Probationary Officer.
- The SBI promotion policy is quite fair and transparent as it allows the deserving candidates to reach the top management grade in a reasonably quick time.
Check out the promotion ladder below:
|Job Tenure||Promotion Ladder|
|Base Profile||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|After 2 years of service||An officer will be eligible to appear for the promotion exam for the profile of the Deputy Manager|
|After 4-5 years of service||A Deputy Manager can appear for the promotion exam for the profile of the Manager. The aspirants need to spend at least 4 years in this scale.|
|After 8-9 years of service||Managerial level officers can apply for promotion exam for SMGS-IV, i.e., Chief Manager. Only interview is conducted to check the capabilities of potential candidates. The next promotion exam takes place after completion of two years of service under this scale.|
|After 12-13 years of service||Concerned candidates will have to appear for the promotion exam for an Assistant General Manager (AGM)|
|Experience>16-18 years||Deputy General Manager (TEGS)|
|Experience>22 years||Chief General Manager (TEGS)|
|Experience>25 years||General Manager (TEGS)|
About State Bank of India PO
State Bank of India is the largest bank of India. It features in the list of Fortune 500 companies globally. It will release the recruitment notification in the month of April 2019. After successful registration, an aspirant will have to appear in three stages, i.e. SBI PO Preliminary, Mains Exam, and Interview. Its prelims and mains exam pattern are based on the concept of sectional timing which exists to encourage aspirants to give equal importance to each subject.
Now you can easily make up your mind that why you should apply for the post of Probationary Officer. The aforementioned information will act as an encouragement while you prepare for the SBI PO exam 2019.
If you have determined to make the career in this prestigious banking sector, the SBI PO exam preparation app will help you to achieve the most important goal of your life. Many aspirants are engaged with this app to get updated with the notification, free study material, quizzes, previous year papers, mock test etc. Now your turn, do your best!
Must Read – SBI fixed deposit