NEST Cut Off 2019, Qualifying Marks Cut Off Score, Seat Matrix. NEST Cut Off 2019 will be available in online mode. National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level examination. It is a compulsory test for getting admission to the 5 years integrated M.Sc programmes which is offered by the NISER, Bhubaneswar & UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai. This course is available in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. In this article, we have updated complete information about NEST 2019 Cut Off.
NEST Cut Off 2019
The cut off is the qualifying marks which candidates have to secure in the examination to get eligible for the admission. It will be released after the announcement of the result. On the basis of NEST 2019 Cut Off marks, the merit list will be prepared. The Institution will release the sectional as well as category wise rank list for the exam.
NEST Result 2019 NEST exam will be organized on 2nd June 2019. It will be organized through online mode (CBT Based).
Section Wise & Total Cut Off Marks
NEST Cut Off 2019 Marks (total & section-wise) will be determined by the following process:
- In the general section, the total score of each student will be the direct sum of their score & their best three scores in the subject sections.
Section wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS)
- For each section, 20% of the average of the best 100 scores in that section will be considered as Section wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS).
- It means if the average of the best 100 scores in Chemistry section will be 40 out of 50, then SMAS for this section will be 40 x 0.20 = 8 marks. This process is similar to other section also.
- Candidates should secure equal to or more than particular SMAS in the General section & also in at least three subject sections. Then, these subject sections will be counted in merit list calculation. In case, candidate’s scores SMAS in all four subjects sections, then the best three subject scores will be counted.
- In a case, candidates not score SMAS in the general section or at least three subject sections, then they will not be allotted any merit rank & will not be eligible for admission.
Minimum Admissible Score (MAS)
- To get a merit rank, candidates should score equal to or above a total Minimum Admissible Score (MAS).
- Candidates, those secure less than 90 (MAS) in total, they will not be allotted any merit rank & will not be eligible for admission, even after they will secure SMAS in all sections.
- Candidates, who score equal to or more than MAS but not secure SMAS in the general section or in at least three subject sections will be allotted any merit rank. To get a merit rank, it is compulsory to fullfill both MAS & SMAS condition.
Qualifying Cut Off Score
Here, candidates can check previous year qualifying cut off score according to the categories:
|Category||Qualifying Cut Off Score|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||50|
|PD (part of other categories)||50|
The categorizations of seats at the NISER & CBS Institutions for admission in the year 2019 are given here:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||46||12|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||26||7|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||13||3|
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
The Institutions may restrict the number of students, those are invited for admission to some reasonable limit. Getting a merit rank by satisfying SMAS and MAS criteria does not automatically allow a candidate to be called for counselling/admission procedure. The committee reserves the right to relax any of the defined cut off in explanatory circumstances.