How to Become Company Secretary. In this article you can find everything you want to know about How to become company secretary. Here we are providing complete details regarding How to Become Company Secretary (CS) like – The Company Secretary is, Company Secretary in Employment, Company Secretary Course Highlights, Stages to become a Company Secretary, Cut off dates for admission to CS course, Subjects of Company Secretary Course, Fee Structure for CS Course, Qualifying Marks etc. Recently we also Provide complete details for How to Become Chartered Accountant. Now you can scroll down below and check full details for “How to Become Company Secretary – Complete Details”
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing ”freely“
How to Become Company Secretary
The Company Secretary is:
- An in-house legal expert; a compliance officer of the Company.
- An expert in corporate laws, securities laws & capital market and corporate governance
- Chief advisor to the board of directors on best practices in corporate governance
- Responsible for all regulatory compliances of company
- Corporate planner and strategic manager
Company Secretary Course Highlights:
- 10+2 pass or equivalent / Graduate can join
- No Entry Barrier – opportunity for every student
- Cost Effective
- Distance Learning – any where in the world
- 24×7 study through e-learning
- Flexibility in the schedules – Registration valid for 3 to 5 years.
- Excellent career opportunities for CS professional
- Position of Power and Prestige
- Offers Self Employment and Job Opportunities
- Direct Access to Top Management / Board Room
- Good remuneration and growth opportunities
- Good career option for girls also.
- Opportunities across various sectors at all locations.
- Opportunities Abroad – MOU with ICSA, London
- Opportunity to pursue B.Com with Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration and M.Com in Business Policy and Corporate Governance from IGNOU.
Stages to become a Company Secretary:
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass or equivalent students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts)
Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course
ADMISSION TO THE CS COURSE is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.
|For Foundation Programme||31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year|
|30th September for June Examination next year|
|For Executive Programme||28th February for appearing in both modules in December Exams in the same year year|
|31st May for appearing in single module in December Examination in the same year|
|31st August for appearing in both modules in June Exam in the next year|
|30th November for appearing in single module in June Examination in the next year.|
SUBJECTS FOR CS COURSE
|There are 4 papers in CS Foundation Programme|
|There are 7 papers divided into 2 Modules in CS Executive Programme (wef. 01.02.2013)|
|There are 8 papers divided into 4 Modules in CS Professional Programme|
|Foundation Programme [4 papers]|
|Business Environment & Entrepreneurship|
|Business Management, Ethics and Communication|
|Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing|
|Executive Programme [7papers]|
|Cost and Management Accounting|
|Economic and Commercial Laws|
|Tax Laws and Practice|
|Company Accounts and Auditing Practices|
|Capital Markets and Securities Laws|
|Industrial, Labour and General Laws|
|Professional Programme [8 papers]|
|Company Secretarial Practice|
|Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings|
|Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency|
|Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade|
|Advance Tax Laws and Practices|
|Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management|
|Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability|
|Professional Program ( new syllabus – w.e.f. 1st September 2013 )|
|1. Advanced Company Law and Practice|
|2. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence|
|3. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency|
|4. Information Technology and Systems Audit|
|5. Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|6. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability|
|7. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice|
|8. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings|
|9. Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects|
|9.1. Banking Law and Practice|
|9.2. Capital, Commodity and Money Market|
|9.3. Insurance Law and Practice|
|9.4. Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice|
|9.5. International Business-Laws and Practices|
ICSI CS Course Registration Fees
|CS Foundation Programme||Rs.4500/-|
|CS Executive Programme||Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates / CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Rs 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students|
|Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students|
|CS Professional Programme||Rs.12,000/-|
- Examination is conducted twice a year in June and December
- Examination fee
- Foundation Programme –Rs. 1200/-
- Executive Programme – Rs. 1200/- per Module
- Professional Programme –Rs. 1200/- per Module
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 9th April)
25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October)
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Time limit for completing CS Examination
A student is required to complete the Executive and the Professional examination within the registration period. However, on payment of requisite fees the validity of registration may be renewed / extended for further period subject to fulfilling the applicable guidelines.
ICSI ORAL TUITION GUIDELINES / PPP GUIDELINES:
Salient features of the Oral Tuition Guidelines & PPP Guidelines: Under the revised guidelines 30 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Foundation / 35 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Executive / 40 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Professional Programme has been made mandatory
Existing Practical experience and training requirements
The students are required to undergo the following trainings:
- 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP)- within six months of Registration to Executive Programme or exempted therefrom for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
- 70 hours compulsory computer training program- for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
- 8 days Executive Development Programme (EDP) – after passing the Executive Programme and before commencement of 15 months training.
- 25 hours of Professional Development Programme (PDP) during 15 months training
- 15 months training after passing the Executive Programme or Professional Programme on completion of Student Induction Program and Executive Development Program with companies and Company Secretaries in Practice registered with the Institute for imparting training
- 3 months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes professional program examination and exempted from undergoing at least 12 months training on the basis of Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended on submitting the documents to the Institute and fulfills the requirement of Regulation 48. This training will be exempted to the students who have undergone 15 months training.
- 15 days training in a specialized agency such as Registrar of Companies (ROC) / Stock Exchange / Financial and Banking Institution/Management Consultancy Firm can only be commenced if the student completes SIP,EDP , 15 months training and having passed professional program examination.
- 15 days Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP)- after Professional Programme and on completion of Executive Development Program and 15 months training
- The students can be exempted from undergoing training totally or partially depending on the practical experience possessed by them on fulfilling the requirement of the Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended, on submitting the relevant documents.
- A student after passing the Professional Programme may enroll as ‘Licentiate ICSI’ at his/her option until completion of training requirements.
If you have any query regarding “How to Become Company Secretary” then please tell us via below comment box…