How to get a PAN Card from abroad, Pan Card Application by NRI’s
How to get a PAN Card from abroad, Pan Card Application by NRI’s. Step By Step Guide For Pan Card Application By Nri’s. Getting a ‘PAN CARD’ is a simple process that can be done on-line. Please note that PAN card mailing overseas is allowed to some countries. NRI’s wanting to apply for a PAN card from abroad can check the list of countries given below. now check more details for “How to get a PAN Card from abroad, Pan Card Application by NRI’s” from below…
NRI PAN card from abroad.
There are two types of PAN application forms. One for Indian citizens and the other for foreign citizens. When applying for a PAN card on-line, kindly select the form that is applicable to you.
- Form49A is for Indian citizens.
- Form 49AA is for foreign citizens.
Those people who hold Indian citizenship, even if they are settled abroad should use the form applicable to Indian citizens. [Form 49A]. Whereas those who hold foreign citizenship, such as OCI holders, Persons of Indian Origin who have acquired foreign citizenship or foreigners who are not of Indian origin should all use Form 49AA. One of our readers Mr. AbdulRazak Meman has shared the following info and I would like to thank him for sharing this information: “I found that 49AA is to be used by persons of Indian origins who are holding foreign citizenship (form 49 AA item 12 relating to citizenship question does not have India in the drop down menu. Therefore NRIs having Indian citizenship will have to use form 49 A”. For clarification, Form 49AA is not for NRI applicants but for Foreign citizens.
What you need to get pan card on-line.
- Document that has your overseas address on it. The best document to use is your bank statement showing your overseas address.
- Copy of passport.
- The fee for processing PAN application is 994.00[ (Application fee 93.00 + Dispatch Charges 771.00) + 15% service tax]
- Note: NRIs cannot pay with a credit card from overseas.* Fee has changed in 2012 see update information in right column
NRI on-line applications for a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN)
How to apply for PAN card on line
Step by step instructions for getting PAN CARD from abroad
- Login to the on-line PAN CARD Website: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/form49AA.html
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see: ‘Apply for a new PAN Card’ and select Individual from the drop down menu bar.
- Application for Pan Card Form49A will open.
- Fill in the form. Read Guidelines on filling form and Instructions on filling form if you wish. When filling in the address make sure it is the same overseas address that is shown on your bank statement.
- Do not fill an Indian address.
- Once the form is filled, review it to ensure everything is correctly filled and click submit.
- An acknowledgement will appear on the screen if form was submitted correctly.
- Print out at least two copies of the acknowledgement. (One copy is for your record)
- Paste your photo on one of the printouts of acknowledgement and sign in black ink.
- Sign on all pagers of the photocopies of your passport and your bank statement. (Black pages of passport are not required to be copied)
- Mail all documents to NSDL, PAN unit at Mumbai.
- You can track the status of your application by using your acknowledgement number.
PAN Card Fee Information
Demand draft and cheque should be drawn in favor of ‘NSDL – PAN’, payable in Mumbai. Foreign credit cards are currently not accepted. Where to mail completed form, supporting documents, bank draft Mail to: NSDL at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045
- Write on the mailing envelope: ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN – Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN – 881010100100086’).
- Mail your documents as soon as possible after doing the on-line application, your mailed documents should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of on-line application.
PAN Office Contact Information
Their telephone number is: 020 – 27218080; Fax: 020 – 27218081
Email: mailto: [email protected]
- Lost your Pan Card? Procedure for duplicate Pan card
- PAN Card Application for Charitable Truste
- Documents Required for PAN Card
- Everything you want to know about PAN Card
- Instructions for Filing PAN Card Correction Form
- Income Tax Due Dates
- How To Link Pan Card With SBI Account
- New Design of PAN Card with Aadhaar No
- PAN Card Status
- PAN Card
- Know Your PAN
- Procedure for Cancel or Surrender of Duplicate Pan Card
- PAN Card Application for Charitable Trust