From the world to your wrist: Every ethnic touch of the world’s most famous watches comes from your home country. Like the hands of the clocks, the world goes round and round. And it was they who made watch models from countries like Japan, Brazil and Switzerland reach every corner of the globe, becoming some of the most famous brands today. After all, in addition to the unique cuisine and culture, each country has its fashion, style and technology trends that have affected the way we wear wristwatches today.
From the world to your wrist
Far beyond pasta, gelato and pizza, Italy, for example, is also home to the fashion center, Milan, and some of the famous watch brands such as Diesel. The Armani Exchange, born at the hands of the world’s most successful fashion designer Giorgio Armani, also originated in the country considered the birthplace of the Renaissance. But these are just some of the brands whose home country is worth a stamp in the passport!
Set the clock hands to count the minutes for your next vacation and embark on this journey through the curiosities of the world’s most famous watch brand countries:
Not only chocolate is made Switzerland, country of the Breitling Superocean and Rolex Daytona. Largest watch company in Latin America, Technos offers high quality watches all over the country. Founded in 1900 in Switzerland by the Gunzinger family, known for its tradition in the watch industry, the brand migrated to Brazil in 1956 and in 1990 was bought by a Brazilian, consolidating its leadership in the domestic market. Who would say that the combination of Swiss sobriety and Brazilian irreverence would work so well?
With less than 8 million inhabitants, Switzerland is an attractive tourist destination for its eye-catching landscapes of over 1,300 lakes. Although small, the region that originated Technos and Tissot, another Swiss quality and precision watch brand founded in 1853, has its charm: its snowy mountain and blue lakes landscapes with an architecture of over 2,000 years of history. They are an invitation to tourism. Check out some curiosities:
- In addition to Technos and Tissot, Switzerland is also the birthplace of Rolex, one of the most famous watch brands in the world!
- Another curiosity is that four languages are spoken in the country: over 60% of the population speaks German, while French is spoken by 20%, compared to 10% of Italian and 3% of Romansh, a Latin language that is only spoken in Canton of Grisons.
- Did you know that there is no public health system in the country? Those who want to know Switzerland should take a safe trip to enjoy all that the country has to offer, such as over 400 types of cheese and the most delicious chocolates in the world.
- Zurich and Geneva are recognized by the UN as some of the best places of life in the world.
- Modernity that spawned Casio, Citizen and Seiko is the face of Japan.
- With a literacy rate of almost 100%, a country where children are responsible for cleaning classrooms like Japan shows that a sense of organization and discipline are part of the tradition that has led to famous watch brands like Casio, Citizen and Seiko.
It seems that the countries producing luxury watches offer many interesting things besides their watches.