About Chartered Accountant Course (CA) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) is a professional member of the organization that promotes Chartered Accountants and its students. CA Course is the highest paying course in India in a non-technical field, after completing this course, you can work as a chartered accountant for all the audit firms and reputed companies. In addition, a Chartered Accountant gives advisory services to clients and companies.
The duration of Chartered Accountant varies according to the level of entry, and ICAI in India regulates it. The Course is divided into three levels: ca foundation level, ca intermediate level, and ca final level followed by 3 years of Article ship.
Course Highlight of Chartered Accountant
|Full form||Chartered Accountant|
|Minimum Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 6 Lakh to INR 8 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Companies||E&Y, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, Axis Bank, Morgan Stanley|
|Examination type||Level Based|
|Job positions||Accountants, Accounting Managers, Auditing Experts, Taxation Experts, etc.|
About Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
ICAI conducts the Chartered Accountant exam, and on successful completion of the three-level CA course, they certify the candidates as a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Here we mention the Examinations conducted detailed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India:
- CA Foundation Course (CPT in OLD Regime)
- CA Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination
- CA Final Examination
Chartered Accountants Admission Process:
Those candidates who have completed 10+2 can register themselves for the CA course, but the entry in higher levels will depend on their performance in the CA Foundation examination.
For the candidate who wants to register for this course, the candidate should go to the ICAI website. They will receive the foundation course registration form as well as the CPT exam registration form there. After filling up the required details and payment, the applicant is registered as a CA candidate. If the applicant has already completed their bachelor’s degree, they will enter the intermediate level directly. Such candidates would also be required to register using the same procedures.
Chartered Accountants course Eligibility Criteria:
Some basic eligibility criteria for the CA course are mentioned below:
- Any candidate who has completed 10+2 in any stream such as Science, Maths, and Commerce is eligible for the registration process of this course.
- The candidates who obtained min. 50% of marks in 10+2 level to be eligible for this course.
- Those candidates who want to direct entry in intermediate level for this course must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in graduation. If the candidate is from a commerce background, the minimum mark required is 55%.
Future Scope of Chartered Accountants:
The CA candidates have more future scope which is mention below:
- They will work in any financial institution as an advisor or junior accountant. They will later open their own accounting company.
- They can also perform as accounting professionals for certain well-organized and long-term clients.
- If they want to learn more, they can register in certification courses in relevant streams such as Tally, Taxation, and GST, etc.
- They can also obtain other accounting certifications such as ACCA or CPA, but few candidates choose to pursue a double specialization.
- The candidate of CA can also enroll in MBA programs such as MBA in Finance and other related specializations.
- Candidates must have passed their higher education necessary to pursue the Chartered Accountant credential should do so.
- ICAI Exam Form
The process to become a certified CA:
Firstly candidates should clear the Class 12th examination with a reputed school/college.
- Candidates should appear in the Foundation examination of CA Course which is held in the month of November/May.
- After qualifying, the foundation course registers with the Board of Studies (BoS) for the Intermediate Course.
- The candidate should register for this course after qualifying both the Groups of Intermediate Course.
- Complete the AICITSS (Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills) for four weeks over the last two years of practical training before taking the Final Exam.
- During the last six months of practical study, take the final test.
- Full hands-on experience
- Both groups of the Final Course should be qualified.