Procedure for Cancel or Surrender of Duplicate Pan Card

Procedure for Cancel or Surrender of Duplicate Pan Card, As per Income Tax Law an assessee can not hold more then one PAN Card, holding of more than one PAN card is a criminal offence as per the income tax Act. Sometimes when we lost our PAN Card then we apply for new PAN Card without knowing for offence of Duplicate PAN Card and Sometimes An Person may have been allotted multiple PAN Cards. The multiple PAN card may have been allotted to the Person or Assessee for many reasons i.e.

He may have applied multiple times for allotment of PAN and every time he has been allotted a PAN card or may have inadvertently allowed multiple PAN card by Income tax Department , NSDL or UTI. Assessee who have more than one PAN should immediately Apply for surrender of additional PAN number’s otherwise he is liable for Penalty under section 272B of the Income-tax Act, 1961 for Rs 10000/-

So Here we are providing complete procedure for Cancel or Surrender of Duplicate Pan Card.

Offline Process to Surrender Duplicate PAN card

  • Write a letter addressed to the Assessing Officer under whose jurisdiction your Income Tax is filed. Mention your personal details such as the full name on your PAN card, date of birth (or date of incorporation in case of companies), PAN card number to be retained and details of duplicate PAN card being surrendered.
  • Post or hand over the letter to the nearest tax office and keep the acknowledgement received. The acknowledgment indicates the duplicate PAN cards have been cancelled by the Department.
  • Alternatively, you could fill up Form 49A for Change or Correction in PAN and submit the form to the nearest UTI or NSDL TIN facilitation centre.

Online Procedure for Cancel or Surrender of Duplicate Pan Card

Online Procedure for Surrender Duplicate PAN Card

I have been allotted more than one PAN, what is the procedure for cancellation/ surrender of other PAN(s)?

You may choose any one of the following options to surrender additional PAN/s:-

You may Visit on separate Income Tax Department’s website link and submit the required details.

Click Here for Surrender Duplicate PAN Card

Manual Procedure for Surrender Duplicate PAN Card

What is the procedure to cancel/surrender PAN which is being currently used?

a. If you wish to cancel/ surrender your PAN (which you are currently using), then you need to visit your local Income Tax Assessing Officer with a request letter to cancel/ surrender your PAN.

Write a letter to your assessing officer under whose jurisdiction you have been filing your Income tax returns, if you can not file your income tax return then You May Check  your assessing officer and jurisdiction by your PAN No and other personal details, visit on following link to check above details The Above letter Must contain following details.

  • Name of Assessee
  • Address or Contact Details of Assessee
  • Details of the PAN card to be retained,
  • Details of the duplicate PAN card(s) which you need to surrender

and also Make a Acknowledge copy of above letter for future reference and this acknowledgement copy is sufficient proof for surrender of duplicate pan card.

b. Alternatively, you may fill and submit PAN Change Request application form by mentioning the PAN which you are using currently on top of the form. All other PAN/s inadvertently allotted to you should be mentioned at item no. 11 of the form and the corresponding PAN card copy/s should be submitted for cancellation along with the form.

Must Read – Lost your Pan Card? Procedure for duplicate Pan card

Cancellation or Surrender Duplicate PAN  in Hindi

मुझे एक से अधिक पैन आबंटित किया गया है, दूसरे पैन (नों) को रद्द करने की प्रक्रिया क्‍या है?

आपको आवेदन फॉर्म के ऊपरी भाग में उस पैन का उल्‍लेख करना होगा जिसका वर्तमान में आप उपयोग कर रहे हैं. आपको असावधानी से आबंटित दूसरे सभी पैन मद संख्‍या ११ में उल्लिखित किये जाने चाहिए और अनुरूपी पैन कार्ड रद्द करने के लिए फॉर्म के साथ प्रस्‍तुत किये जाने चाहिए.

Recommended Articles