How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand. Many Times We Receive Outstanding Demand Notice but we Don’t Know how to Answer or Response for that Outstanding Tax Demand Notice. After Providing Income Tax Slab Rates for AY 2016-17 and List of All incomes Exempt from Income Tax, Today we Provide How to Submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand. we provide full Online Procedure for response of Outstanding Demand Notice with Screenshots. Now you can Scroll Down Below And check complete details for “Procedure for How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand”
How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
Introduction- Once the e-Filed returns are processed and outstanding tax demand available in e-Filing portal, assessee is facilitated to submit the response against outstanding tax demand raised by CPC/AST.
The detailed process to submit the Response to Outstanding Tax Demand is as below
- Logon on to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your User ID, Password and Date of Birth/Incorporation.
- Go to e-File > Response to Outstanding Tax Demand
- Enter PAN andCaptcha code and click onSubmit button.
- On successfulvalidation if there is any Outstanding Tax Demand, the “Response to Outstanding Tax Demand” available with the following details
- Assessee must click on ‘Submit link under Response column for the respective AY in order to submit the response. Assessee has to select one of the options from theradio button.
6. If assessee selects “Demand is correct”, then a pop up is displayed as “If you confirm “Demand is correct’ then you cannot ‘Disagree with the demand’. Click on Submit. A success message is displayed and no further action is required.
- If assessee selects “Demand is partially correct´, then two amount fields will be available.
♠ Amount which is correct- Enter the amount which is incorrect.
If the amount entered here is equal to the demand amount, then one pop is displayed “Since the amount entered is equal to outstanding demand amount, please select the option “Demand is correct”
Note: If amount entered is equal to Outstanding demand amount than user shall not be allowed to submit with this option.
Amount which is incorrect: Amount is auto filled which is the difference between the outstanding amount and Amount which is correct.
- If amount entered is not equal to outstanding demand amount than user should mandatorily fill one ormore reasons listed below-
♠ Demand Paid –
- Demand paid andchallan has CIN
- Demand paid and challan has no CIN
- Demand already reduced by rectification/revision
- Demand already reduced by Appellate Order but appeal effect to be given
- Appeal has been filed
- Stay petition filed with
- Stay granted by
- Instalment granted by
- Rectification / Revised Return filed at CPC
- Rectification filed with AO
- Based on the reason selected, the assessee needs to provide additional information as per the below table.
Reason Selected Additional Details Required Demand paid and challan
BSR Code Date of payment Serial Number Amount Remarks Demand paid and challan
has no CIN
Date of payment Amount Remarks Upload Copy of Challan Demand already reduced by rectification / Revision Date of Order Demand after rectification/ revision Details of AO Upload Rectification / Giving appeal
effect order passed by AO
Demand already reduced
by Appellate Order but
appeal effect to be given
Date of Order Order passed by Reference Number of Order Demand after Appeal effect Appeal has been filed: Stay petition has been filed Date of filing of appeal Stay petition filed with Appeal has been filed: Stay has been granted Date of filing of appeal Stay granted by Upload copy of Stay Appeal has been filed:
Instalment has been
Date of filing of appeal Instalment granted by Upload copy of stay/installment order Rectification / Revised
Return filed at CPC
Filing Type e-Filed Acknowledgement No. Remarks Upload Challan Copy Upload TDS Certificate Upload Letter requesting rectification
Upload Indemnity Bond Rectification filed with AO Date of application Remarks Others Others
- Note: Total Attachments size should be up to 50 MB.
9. f assessee selects “Disagree with the Demand” “, then assessee must furnishthe details for disagreement along with reasons. Reasons are same as provided under“Demand is partially correct”.
Fill the necessary details and click on “Submit” button.
- After assesse submits the response the success screen must be displayed along with the Transaction ID.
Now you can Receive an Success Message
- Assessee can click on‘View’ link under Response column to view the response submitted. The following details are displayed:
- Transaction ID – Ahyper link
- Date of Response
- Response Type
- Click on
Transaction ID to know the details of response submitted
- Demand position gets updated every day
- Interest demand u/s 220(2) is linked to the principal demand of the same assessment This indicates that principal demand is already adjusted/ paid and interest demand is the only outstanding value. Hence does not require any confirmation.
- If demand is shown to be uploaded by AO in the above table, rectification right is with AssessingOfficer, please contact your jurisdictional Assessing Officer for the same.
- For the demand against which there is “No Submit response option” available such demand is already confirmed by the Assessing Officer. Kindly contact your Jurisdictional Assessing officer.