Rajat Sharma Net Worth 2020: Bio, Career, Awards, Salary, Car
Rajat Sharma Net Worth is Rs 111 Crores. The most powerful and yet the most grounded editor in India in the present time is definitely none other than the very famous news anchor – Mr. Rajat Sharma. Rajat is known globally for his famous talk show “Aap Ki Adalat” about which we all are definitely aware. The same is telecasted on a very popular Hindi news channel of India – India TV.
Rajat Sharma was born on 18th February 1957 in Delhi. He completed is schooling from Ramjas School, Karol Bagh, New Delhi. He did his M. com from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi.
In this article, we are going to discuss about Mr. Rajat Sharma, his career, his awards and his recognitions and also his net worth.
Rajat Sharma Net Worth
His major source of income is from salary that he receives from India TV for hosting its prime time show Ajj ki Baat and chat show Aap ki Adalat, and profits which he receives from the stake that he owns in the channel India TV. He owns 82.50% stake in India TV. So, we can imagine how much he would be earning by way of profits from his channel.
His annual salary is Rs. 3.60 crores and his net worth is estimated to be $ 15 million. $ 15 million is around 111 Crores INR!
Rajat Sharma Career
- He joined Onlooker Magazine as a trainee and later on became its editor in the year 1985.
- He then joined Sunday Observer as an editor.
- At present, he is the Chairman and Editor – in – Chief of India TV and his known for his chat show “Aap ki Adalat” through which he has interviewed more than 750 guests which includes interviews with the most popular celebrities like Mr. Narendra Modi, Mr. Balasaheb Thackrey among others.
Rajat Sharma Assets
- Rajat Sharma House: Rajat lives in a grand apartment with his wife Ritu Dhawan Sharma.
- Cars collection of Rajat Sharma: He is the owner of cars of luxurious brands like Audi, BMW, etc.
Awards and Recognition
We all know how super talented Mr. Rajat Sharma is. So, to promote his talent and skills, he has been bestowed with a lot of awards and recognitions. Here are some of his awards:
- The third highest civilian award of India i.e. Padma Bhushan in the year 2015.
- ITA Award for Best Anchor- News/ Current affairs show.
- Entrepreneur of the Year’s Award in 2009 by Exchange 4 media.
- Indian Television Academy Lifetime Achievement Award.
|Name in Hindi||रजत शर्मा|
|Age||63 years old (2020)|
|Official Twitter Handel|
|Birth Date||18 February 1957|
|Spouse:||Ritu Dhawan (m. 1997)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020
||111 Crore INR|
|Awards:||Padma Bhushan, ITA Award for Best Anchor – News/Current Affairs show|
||Indian Telly Award for Best News Anchor, Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor/s|
|Education:||Shri Ram College of Commerce (1974–1980), Ramjas School Pusa Road|
Some Other Interesting Facts about Mr. Rajat Sharma:
- He is known to be friends with Big Bollywood stars and politicians.
- He incorporated his own media channel in 1997 through Independent News Service Private Limited which is the parent company of India TV.
- His show Aap ki Adalat is the longest running show in India’s television history. First show was aired on 14th March 1993 with Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- His interview with Mr. Narendra Modi just before the 2014 general elections broke all the TRP rating records of TV news viewership. 74% Hindi news television viewers in India watched this interview as per records, which was a huge motivating factor for the elections.
- He earned Rs. 300/- as a trainee for Onlooker Magazine, and now we can see how his earnings have crossed all limits and broken all records.
This is how amazing Mr. Rajat Sharma is. We wish him all the best for his future interviews in Aap ki Adaalat and for all his future endeavors. Hope he keep doing this amazing work and keep growing his net worth always.