Who needs to register under GST as a TCS?, Get Details How can register as TDS or TCS?, Are there any preconditions I must fulfill before registering with GST as a TDS or TCS?. With the countdown for GST implementation already begun and all of us getting geared up for the same, we have a plethora of other compliances to be done this season. Check all your Tax Collected at Source related queries answer from below…..
Based on the same principle our Government has decided to change the present system of Indirect Taxation in our country. In order to avoid the multiple compliance burden on the industry, eliminate the nuisance of cascading effect of tax on tax and to remove the restrictions on seamless flow of credit, GST was the need of the hour. GST which targets to subsume a large number of Central & State taxes will require a lot of cooperation between all the states and between the industry at large with the Government of India. Now check more details from below…
Who needs to register under GST as a TCS?
1. Who needs to register under GST as a TCS?
TCS stands for Tax Collected at source. In the GST regime, every e-commerce operator needs to collect 1% under CGST Act and 1% under SGST Act; In case of inter-state transactions, 2% (under IGST Act) on the net values of taxable supplies made through the e-commerce operator.
2. How can register as TDS or TCS?
The Registration Application for Tax Deductor / Tax Collector can be filed by the applicant directly by themselves. In GST regime, the registration process is online and any person/entity wishing to register will have to access the GST system for the same.
Any person who wish to get registered as the Tax Deductor / Tax Collector needs to apply in the application prescribed.
3. Are there any preconditions I must fulfill before registering with GST as a TDS or TCS?
The preconditions are:
- 1. For Registration as Tax Deductor: Applicant has valid PAN or TAN.
- 2. For Registration as Tax Collector: Applicant has valid PAN.
- 3. Applicant must have a valid mobile number.
- 4. Applicant must have valid E-mail ID.
- 5. Applicant must have the prescribed documents and information on all mandatory fields as required for registration.
- 6. Applicant must have a place of business.
- 7. Applicant must have an authorized signatory with valid details.
4. Do I get registered automatically after submitting the registration application along with the prescribed documents?
No, Your registration application will be processed and approved by the relevant Tax Officer, only then will you be issued the registration certificate and GSTIN.
5. I am an e-commerce operator; registered as a TCS under GST regime. I supply goods to multiple states. Do I need to register in each state?
Yes, You need to register separately in each state and appoint a person in each state/UT who will be liable to pay GST.