Mary Kom Net Worth 2020: Bio, Assets, Education, Career, Salary
Mary Kom Net Worth is Rs. 3.32 crores. We Indians love cricket and are undoubtedly crazy about it. Wherever we watch it, generally we will see kids playing cricket. Now, people have started looking at different sports after 2010. In 2012 summer Olympics, a woman had qualified for competing in the flyweight (51 kg) category and had won the bronze medal. She was none other than the historic – Mary Kom. Also read Net Worth details of Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates Net Worth, Anil Ambani, Mukesh Ambani and Sundar Pichai.
Mary Kom Net Wealth
Nicknamed as Magnificent Mary, she is the only boxer (male or female) to win Eight World Championship Medals and only woman to become World Amateur Boxing Champion for a record six times.
Kom was born in Kangathei village, Moirang Lamkhai in Churachandpur district of rural Manipur in India. Kom studied at the Loktak Christian Model High School at Moirang. She had developed keen interest in javelin and 400 metres running. During 1998, a fellow Manipuri, Dingko Singh, had won gold medal in Bangkok Asian Games. Like others, she too was inspired and thought of giving boxing a try. She started her training under her first coach K. Kosana Meitei in Imphal. Thereafter she trained under the Manipur State Boxing Coach M. Narjit Singh, Imphal.
Must Read – Virender Sehwag Net Worth
Mary Kom Net Worth
Mary Kom’s earnings post Olympics were estimated to be close to Rs. 3.32 crores. She has a new worth of around 4 Crores. Manipur and Rajasthan State Governments offered Rs. 50 lacs each for the Olympic Bronze Medal. She was paid reportedly Rs. 25 lacs for the 2014 released Priyanka Chopra starrer Mary Kom.
About Mary Kom
Kom got married to the footballer Karung Onkholer in 2005. Together they have three sons. Kom is an animal rights activist, and supporter of PETA India. Harper Collins published her autobiography in late 2013. A Biographical movie Mary Kom starring Priyanka Chopra based on Mary Kom’s life had released in 2014.
In 2016, she was nominated as a member of the Rajya Sabha by the president of India. In March 2017, the ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, appointed Mary Kom as national observers for boxing.
Mary Kom Assets (House, Cars)
House: She has got a lot of real estate properties.
Cars: Mary has got a lot of cars, especially luxury cars like Mercedes.
Her other major earnings are from brand endorsements. She was named brand ambassador for PUMA in 2019 for women’s training category. Nestle India Ltd had signed Mary Kom and her husband to endorse its dry milk powder brand Nestle Every day. She also endorses healthcare brand Herbal Life and BSNL.
Some Other Facts
- She is the first women boxer to get gold in the Asian games in 2014 held in South Korea and at 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- She was awarded with the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award, in 2020.
- In 2018, the then Chief Minister of Manipur declared that the stretch of road leading to the National Games village in Imphal West District, her current residence, will be named as MC Mary Kom Road.
- In October 2019, International Olympic Committee named her as a female representative of boxing athlete ambassadors group for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Awards and Recognition
- Padma Vibhushan in 2020.
- Padma Bhushan in 2013.
- Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna Award in 2009.
- Padma Shri in 2006.
- Arjuna Award in 2003.
Other Awards and Recognition
- Pepsi MTV Youth Icon, 2008.
- Honorary Doctorate degree from North-Eastern Hill University on 29th March 2016.
- Sportswoman for the year 2010, Sahara Sports Award.
Awards for bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics
- 50 lacs cash award and two acres of land from the Manipur Government.
- 25 lacs cash award from the Rajasthan Government.
- 20 lacs cash award from the Assam Government.
We wish Mary Kom all the best for the Tokyo Olympics 2020. We pray she wins gold medal this time and continue winning more such awards and recognition.