CA Industrial Training: The ICAI, in furtherance of its objectives of providing to the industries, members with adequate knowledge and background of industrial functioning, conceived the concept of industrial training. The concept, interalia, envisages the preparation of trainees, who intend to build their careers in industries, after becoming chartered accountants, in a manner mutually beneficial.
Eligibility for CA Industrial Training, Registration Procedure for CA Industrial Training. The articled/audit assistants have an option to undergo training in a Financial, commercial or industrial undertaking whose minimum fixed assets or minimum total turnover or minimum paid up share capital as may be specified by the Council or such other Institution or Organisation as may be approved by the Institute during the last year of prescribed period of practical training.
CA Industrial Training – As per ICAI
An articled clerk who has passed the Professional Education (Examination – II) or the Intermediate examination under these regulations may, at his discretion, serve as an industrial trainee for the period specified in sub-regulation (2) in any of the financial, commercial, industrial undertakings with minimum fixed assets of Rs. 1 crore; or minimum total turnover of Rs. 10 crores; or minimum paid-up share chapital Rs. 50 lakhs; or such other Institute or organisation as may be approved by the Council from time to time.
Eligibility to Join Industrial Training
(a) After having passed Both Groups of the Intermediate Examination/PE-ll Examination / Professional Competency Course.
(b) During the last year of practical training.
- i. An articled assistant who has passed the Intermediate (IPC) Examination / Professional Competence Examination/ Professional Education (Examination – II) or Intermediate examination can serve as an Industrial trainee in any of the financial, commercial, industrial undertakings as may specified by the Council or such other institution or organization as may be approved by the Council from time to time.
- ii. Articled assistant before proceeding for Industrial Training has to intimate his principal atleast three months before the date on which such training has to commence.
- iii. Period of Industrial Training may range between minimum of nine months to maximum of twelve months during the last year of prescribed period of practical training.
- iv. The Industrial Training shall be received under a member of the Institute. An Associate who has been a member for a continuous period of at least three years is entitled to train one industrial trainee and fellow is entitled train two industrial trainee at a time, whether such trainees are articled assistants or audit assistants.
- v. An agreement of training is to be entered in the approved form i.e. Form No. 104
- vi. On satisfactory completion of industrial training, the principal has to issue service certificate in the approved form i.e. Form No. 105.
Industrial training also offers an opportunity to the trainees to take part in specialized accounting exercises. Thus, for instance, the closing of accounts provides an opportunity for them to acquire the skills necessary as a concomitant to the theoretical knowledge which they have acquired earlier. Industrial training may also expose the trainees to management accounting, cost accounting, management information system, EDP etc. It also provides an opportunity to them to participate in the work relating to corporate laws, taxation and secretarial practice.
Period of Industrial training :
Period for registration as Industrial trainee should not be less than nine months and more than twelve months including period of excess leave taken.
Who Can Impart Industrial Training
- An associate member for a continuous period of three years can train one Industrial Trainee.
- A Fellow member can train two Industrial Trainees.
- Industrial training can be received only under a member of the Institute and under the Organisations approved by the Institute.
- Student must inform his Principal three months before the date on which training is to commence, his intention to undertake Industrial Training.
- Obtain Form 109 or 114 ( as the case may be ) from the present principal alongwith Training Report as specified in the Training Guide.
- Execute Apprenticeship deed in Form 104 on a non-judicial stamp paper or affix ‘Special Adhesive Stamp’ as per rates applicable in respective city/States in duplicate and submit the same so as to reach the Institute’s office within 30 days from the date of commencement of such training, through the “Organisation” where Industrial Training is to be taken.
- An audit assistant who has passed the Intermediate /PE-ll/Professional Competency Course, examination and serving the last year of Service may also opt for Industrial Training. He should full fill all requirements as mentioned above as in the case of articled assistant. He is also required to submit Form 104 duly executed as well as Form No.114.
Must Read –
Check List for Form no 104 CA Industrial Training
- The Company imparting Industrial Training is to be approved by the Institute and such list is available in the www.icai.org.
- Students must inform his Principal three months before the date on which training is to commence, his/her intention to undertake Industrial Training.
- The Form 104 on a non-judicial stamp paper or affix ‘Special Adhesive Stamp’ as per the rates applicable in the respective Cities / States in duplicate and submit the same to the Institute within 30 days from the date of commencement of such training.
- Articled Assistants should have passed Both Groups of Intermediate Examination / PE-II Examination / PCC Examination.
- The period of registration as Industrial Trainee should not be less than nine months and more than twelve months including period of excess leave taken and the training can be during the last year of Practical Training.
- Industrial Training can be received only under a member of the Institute and under the Organisation approved by the Institute. The employment details of the members must be updated in our Database.
Note: Form 104 can be downloaded from https://resource.cdn.icai.org/7508form104_std.pdf
Where to Submit Form 104
Where to submit filled in Registration Form
|Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa and Union Territories of Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Western India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN 27, Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005, Phone: 022-39893989 Fax: 022- 39802953, E-mail: email@example.com|
|Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Pondicherry and Lakshadweep Islands||Southern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 122, M.G. Road, Post Box No. 3314 Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034, Phone: 044 – 39893989,Fax: 044-30210355, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Orissa, West Bengal, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Andaman-Nicobar Islands||Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 7, Anandilal Poddar Sarani (Russell Street) Kolkata – 700 071, Phone: 033- 39893989, Fax: 033-30211145, E-mail: email@example.com|
|Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 7, Anandilal Poddar Sarani (Russell Street) Kolkata – 700 071, Phone: 033- 39893989, Fax: 033-30211145, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||Central India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN Post Box No. 314, 16/77B, Civil Lines, Behind Reserve Bank of India, Kanpur – 208 001 Phone: 0512-3989398, Fax: 0512- 3011173 E-mail: email@example.com|
|Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Union Territory of Chandigarh||Northern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 52-54,Institutional Area, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Delhi 110032, Phone: 011-39893990, 30210601, Fax: 011- 30210680, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|