Writing academic research papers is essential in developing the useful skills of critical thinking, collecting information, expressing ideas, and persuasion. Developing all of these skills while still in school can help you build a successful career while neglecting performing research and writing tasks can ruin it. That is why there is a great demand among students for services to check grammar, help in compiling a reference list, or check for plagiarism.
In addition to the tools described above, there are also services that many students do not neglect using — these are companies for writing ready-made academic papers. Most educational institutions consider such papers as outright plagiarism and may even expel a student for violating academic integrity rules. However, such risks still do not stop many students, and they continue to buy a research paper.
If you are one of those who plan to use the services of such companies but are worried about the risks, we have prepared for you tips and recommendations on how to do it with minimal risks to your academic reputation.
You certainly won’t have trouble finding companies to do your assignment. You can find their ads on Google, social networks, messengers, on poles near campus, and in other unexpected places. The challenge is finding a contractor whose quality of work you can trust. Let’s look at the factors you should consider.
- Carefully examine the attitude toward plagiarism and academic honesty at your school. You should know clearly what is acceptable and what is not.
- When choosing an academic paper writing company, carefully examine the terms of cooperation and their policies. You will immediately understand if this service is right for you or not.
- Confidentiality and uniqueness are important aspects in such cases. That’s why you should be sure the company doing your research paper can guarantee it. Make sure that your work is not resold to another student or you are not given someone else’s old work with minor changes.
- Negotiate the price ashore. Many services often use catchy call-to-action phrases with low prices, but then it turns out that you will be charged a bunch of extra fees, and the final cost will increase several times. Try to look for the perfect value for money. Even a fool understands that no one will offer you quality and unique work for $50. You should understand that good work, which will not bring you problems at the university, will be expensive.
- Do not trust the reviews on the company’s website. You can come up with and write anything on your site. Such services will purposely delete or edit negative reviews or complaints. Before choosing a particular company, read reviews about them in other sources or ask peers whether they have information about good academic writing services.
- Be responsible for choosing the author who will do your research paper. Try to choose a person who has an in-depth knowledge of the topic assigned to them. If possible, talk to them and ask all the questions you are interested in. Find out if the author understands that the paper must be written from scratch and that all instructions and requirements must be followed, and only reliable and trustworthy sources must be used, and not Wikipedia.
- Find out upfront how responsible the company or author is for meeting deadlines, whether they can guarantee that deadlines are met and whether there are any compensations or penalties in case of delays.
If you pay attention to these criteria when choosing a contractor for your research paper, the probability of getting high-quality and unique work increases up to 85%. You should not look at these services through rose-colored glasses. It is a responsible decision that requires critical thinking, thorough search, and analysis.
Things to do before submitting your research papers
Don’t think you can relax after you’ve found a company. After you receive your research paper, you still have to double-check everything and possibly edit or rewrite something before submitting it for review. Here’s what you should pay attention to:
- Check your work for plagiarism. There are plenty of paid and free services on the Internet. When your reputation is at stake, it is better to use paid ones.
- Carefully read the work several times. Make sure that the author has fulfilled all your tasks and followed the important criteria. Rereading the work a second time, analyze the coherence and consistency of the text. Highlight those points to which you have questions or doubts about their correctness.
- Check the sources cited by the author. Are they all relevant to the topic of your research? Make sure they are properly formatted and meet the requirements of your institution.
- If you have no questions about the uniqueness and style of the paper, you can edit it minimally to make it look like you wrote it. Teachers know the narrative style of their students and can tell if someone else has done the work for them. If you are not satisfied with the quality of work but no longer have time to order a new one, try to rewrite the work yourself, using materials and sources found by the author. Try to retell what your author said in your own words and check for plagiarism again.
- Check your work for mistakes. You can use online services, hire an editor, or ask one of your peers. It will be a pity to get a lower grade because your work is poorly written in regards to language use.
The grade you get doesn’t 100% depend on the author you hire. It’s all up to you — the choice, communication during the writing period, editing, decision to submit or rewrite it. Use only reliable companies, choose your writer carefully, participate in the writing process, and supervise it. One way or another, it’s your research paper, regardless of whether you choose to buy it. There are surely risks of being caught, but our tips can help you eliminate them.