Vijay Net Worth, Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Weight, and many more details can be checked from this page. Vijay Net Worth is Rs. 410 Crores ($56 million) in 2022. The most influential actor working in the Tamil Film Industry in the present scenario is definitely none other than – Vijay. With his career spanning over two decades and he has played various roles in 64 movies and his 65th slated to release this April, Vijay is the busiest actor in India today. He has such a great following in the international market that his 2017 released Mersal grossed more than Bollywood’s superstars Ajay Devgan and Amir Khan Starrer movies.
In this article, we will be discussing about Vijay, his career, his cars, his house, his movies and his net worth.
Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar i.e. Vijay was born on 22nd June 1974. He attended Fathima Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Kodambakkam before joining Balalok Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Virugambakkam. Vijay pursued a degree in Visual Communications from Loyola College. He later dropped his further education due to his interest in acting.
Vijay Net Worth
|Full Name||Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar|
|Net Worth (2022)||$56 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 410 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||3 Lakhs +|
|yearly Income||36 Crore +|
|Date of Birth||22 June 1974|
|Spouse||Sangeeta Sornalingam (m. 1999)|
|Children||Jason Sanjay, Divya Shasha|
|Social Accounts||Twitter, Facebook|
Vijay’s net worth is estimated to be around $56 million which translates to approx. Rs. 410 Crores. His annual income is estimated to be around Rs. 45 Crores. His income depends on the fees receivable from movies, brand endorsements etc.
He charges around Rs. 10 – 15 Crore per movie.
His portfolio of brand endorsement includes Coco – Cola, IPL for Chennai Super Kings, etc. Through brand endorsements, Vijay earns around Rs. 5 – 10 Crores annually.
He started his career as a child actor in the film Vetriwhich released in 1984. His lead role as an adult was in 1992 when he starred in Naalaiya Theerpu released in 1992. He was 18 during that time. His first major success was 1994 released Rasigan. But it was 1996 released Poove Unakkaga, which made him a recognizable star and for which he was praised for his performance by everyone. His last three releases were Mersal (2017), Sarkar (2018) and Bigil (2019) are all blockbusters and among the highest grossers of Tamil Cinema. His upcoming movie is Master alongside Vijay Sethupathi slated to release on 22nd April 2020.
His car collection includes Rolls Royce Ghost worth approx. Rs. 6 Crores, Audi A8 worth Rs. 1.30 Crores, BMW series 5 worth Rs. 75 lacs, BMW X6 worth Rs. 90 lacs, Mini Cooper worth Rs. 35 lacs.
Awards and Recognitions
- Honorary Doctorate from the Dr. M. G. R. Educational and Research Institute in 2007.
- Tamil Nadu State Film Awards in 1997 for Best Actor and in 2000 MGR Award.
- He has been nominated 18 times for Vijay Awards and has won it 9 times.
- South Indian International Movie Awards in 2016 for Best Entertainer for Theri.
- He has won 4 Techofes Awards.
- He has won 2 Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards.
Some Other Facts
- Vijay is referred to as “Thalapathy” meaning Commander by his fans and media.
- He is among the highest paid actors in India.
- He is a great dancer and he is also a playback singer.
- Vijay has been included Five times in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 List.
- His father S. A. Chandrasekhar is a Tamil film director and his mother Shoba is a playback singer and Carnatic vocalist.
- He has appeared in Bollywood song in 2012 “Chinta Chinta” from Rowdy Rathore starring Akshay Kumar.
- The Hindi dubbed versions of his movies have done extremely well on television.
- He is also involved in various philanthropies and he has helped during Gaja cyclone affected families in Tamil Nadu.
We hope we have provided you a brief yet detailed bio of our favorite actor – Vijay. We wish him all the best for all his future endeavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the net worth of Vijay?
Vijay’s total net worth is around $56 Million (Rs.410 Crores)
What is the real age of Vijay?
Currently Vijay is 47 years old (22 June 1974).
What is the Salary of Vijay?
Vijay earns an estimated salary of Rs.36 crore Per Year.
What is Vijay Height?
The Height of Vijay is 1.77 M (5′ 8”).
What is the name of Vijay’s Wife?
Vijay Wife name is Sangeeta Sornalingam (m. 1999)