BCCI Net Worth 2020: Introduction, Income, Facts, Earnings
BCCI Net Worth is Rs. 3000 Crores. We Indians love cricket more than any other sport. In India, cricket is a religion and has the highest number of followers. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the national governing body for cricket in India. Its headquarters are in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. The board was formed in December, 1928 as a society under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
Net Worth of BCCI
Throughout the year, numerous matches are played, be it international or domestic. Also then there is also the most viewed – IPL (Indian Premier League), which has taken the craze of the sports to all different level. The T – 20 or 20 – 20 format has made cricket fast paced, entertaining form of sports and has opened up other avenues to earn income. But do you know who manages all these stuff, the schedule of matches, the IPL, broadcasting rights, finances etc.? It’s the Board of Control for Cricket In India or BCCI.
BCCI Net Worth
So how BCCI has created such humongous wealth?
The major source of income of BCCI is through sponsorship and broadcasting rights.
- The global media rights for IPL is awarded to Star India for Rs. 16,300 Crores for the period 2018 to 2022.
- PayTm was awarded title sponsorship rights for International and Domestic matches for Rs. 326 Crores from 2019 to 2023. PayTm will pay Rs. 3.80 Crores per match to BCCI.
- Official Kit sponsorship rights are awarded to Nike for Rs. 370 Crores from 2016 to 2020.
- BYJU is the official Indian Cricket Team sponsor for Rs. 1,079 Crores.
- Hyundai Motors Company, Dream 11 and Ambuja Cement are the official sponsors from 2019 to 2023. Together the three companies will contribute Rs. 2.59 Crore per match to BCCI.
- BCCI is also set to receive the largest share in the new revenue model put in place by International Cricket Council (ICC).
Some other Facts
- Sourav Ganguly (former Indian Cricket Team Captain) is the president of BCCI.
- Mahim Verma is the vice president and Mr. Jay Shah is the secretary of BCCI.
- BCCI is made up of 38 affiliated members.
- BCCI has its own constitution with specified rules and regulations for its players and administrators.
- Apart from scheduling international matches, BCCI also organizes the domestic cricket competitions which include Ranji Trophy, Irani Cup among others.
- BCCI had bid to host the 1987 World Cup along with Pakistan counterpart which afterwards they had won. It was the first time that World Cup was being hosted outside England.
BCCI is one of those bodies which have made India proud and even more renowned in the world by way of best management of Indian Cricket.
We look ahead to see the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) earning more income and making more name in the years to come.