AKTU/UPTU 2021: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern. UPTU 2021 Admit Card is releasing in August 2021. Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) administers Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE 2021) to grant UG and PG courses admission. It is formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). UPSEE is also famous with the name of AKTU/UPTU 2021 Entrance Exam. Through this exam, students are admitted to first year of B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/MCA/MAM and second year of B.Tech /B.Pharm/MCA. Candidates desiring to get admission in said courses in the affiliated colleges have to fill the application form. Check this article for getting complete information about AKTU/UPTU 2021, including admit card, exam date, exam pattern and syllabus.
AKTU/UPTU 2021 Exam Dates
|Commencement of online application form||1st April 2021|
|Last date for submission of the online application form||15th July 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||15th July 2021|
|Corrections window||17th to 23rd July 2021|
|Issue of admit card||August 2021|
|Date of entrance examination|
|PG Courses||5th, 6th September 2021|
|Result declaration||September 2021|
|Counselling commences from||October 2021|
AKTU/UPTU Admit Card
Admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded from August 2021. Students can download their AKTU UPTU 2021 admit card from this page. Candidates have to strictly follow the date and time mentioned in the admit card to appear for the exam- Click here to download your UPTU 2021 admit card.
AKTU/UPTU Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear the AKTU/UPTU examination may check details about entrance exam pattern from this section:
- Number of Papers: Entrance exam will be held for a total 11 papers.
- Paper Mode: The examination mode for Paper-1, Paper-2, Paper-3 and Paper-4 will be OMR based and for the remaining 7 papers, the examination will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Number of Questions: Paper-1, 2, 3 will contain 150 questions; Paper-5, 6, 7, 8 will contain 75 questions and Paper-9, 10 and 11 will have total 100 questions each. Paper-4 will have 50 questions each of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100 questions and 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude.
- Type of Questions: All the papers are of objective type (except Drawing Aptitude Test [(Part-B of paper-4)]. In objective type questions, four options will be provided, out of which only one option is correct.
- Subjects: Each paper will be asked from different subjects depending upon the course.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No provision of negative marking in entrance exam.
Check details about subjects, number of questions and marks corresponding to each paper:
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Fifty questions each from PCM comprising of total 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||Fifty questions each from PCB comprising of real 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-3||AG-I, AG-II, AG-III||50 questions each from AG-I, AG-II, AG-III with a total of 150 questions||600|
|Paper-4||Aptitude Test for ArchitecturePart-A: Mathematics & Aesthetic SensitivityPart-B: Drawing Aptitude||Fifty questions each of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100 questions and two questions from Drawing Aptitude.||500|
|Paper-5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-10||Aptitude Test for MCA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-11||Aptitude Test for 2nd year MCA (LE)||100 questions||400|
Every year, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) prescribes the syllabus for each paper of UPSEE 2021. The syllabus for the year 2021 has been announced. It is expected that AKTU/UPTU syllabus will be remained similar to previous year. Syllabus for all the papers will be provided soon. For B.Tech (paper-1), the syllabus will be of 11th and 12th standard of UP or its equivalent board.
How to Prepare for Exam
Candidates who want to appear the AKTU entrance exam have to work hard to crack the examination. Here, we are mentioning some useful AKTU/UPTU preparation tips that helps you to score well in the examination:
- Planning is the most important part for the preparation of any examination. Before start preparation, make your time table and divide your study hours properly. Also keep the enough time for revision.
- Refer right books for preparation.
- Get some previous years question paper or sample papers of UPSEE and try to solve at least one paper daily.
- Prepare notes of important topics as it will help you in quick revision.
- Periodic revision is very necessary. Whatever you have studied, revise weekly.
- Do not start a new topic at last minute.
AKTU Entrance Result
The 2021 entrance exam result will be declared in the third week of September 2021 tentatively. Along with the result, candidates can also get the official answer key. To get position in merit list, candidates have to meet the cut-off criteria of 25% (20% for SC/ST candidates). The University will prepare separate merit list for each course.
AKTU/UPTU 2021 Counselling
AKTU/UPTU counselling 2021 will begin after few days of the result declaration. The first counselling will be started from the first week of October 2021. All the successful candidates will be invited for counselling for the allotment of seats. Admission will be strictly carried out on the basis of candidate’s rank and choices filled by them.
AKTU/UPTU Application Form 2021
- The application form has been released through online mode only.
- Candidates after determining their eligibility can fill the application form either from the official website or through this page.
- The link to apply online has been provided from 1st april 2021.
- The closing date for submission of application form will be 15th july 2021.
- Application form would be considered completed after the successful submission of application fee.
- All the applicants should also keep ready the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Before clicking on “final submit”, candidates are advised to verify all the filled details.
- The university has opened the correction window from 17th to 23rd July 2021.
- Once the application fee is submitted, take the printout of “confirmation page” and keep it safe for further references. The confirmation page also contains your application number.
The application fee for exam is as follows:
- For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category – Rs.1300/-
- For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category – Rs. 650/-
The payment can be made using credit card/debit card or Net Banking.
Candidates can find the eligibility criteria for each programme in the below table. The eligibility for admission in first-year academic courses and for second years courses (lateral entry) is given separately.
For Admission to 1st Year Courses
|Courses||Qualifying Examination||Any one of the following subjects||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech||Intermediate examination of UP Board or 12th or its equivalent with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects.||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject||45% marks in aggregate of 3 subjects. (40% marks in case of SC/ST category candidates).|
|B.Tech (Bio-Tech)||12th/Intermediate examination passed with Physics & Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects.||Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Technical Vocational subject|
|B.Pharm||12th/Intermediate examination passed with physics and chemistry (compulsory subjects).||Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject|
|B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)||12th/Intermediate examination must be passed in the agriculture stream.||Agriculture Stream||The qualifying examination should be passed with not less than 45% marks in an aggregate of 3 subjects. (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates).|
|B.Arch||12th/Intermediate examination with Mathematics & Physics.||Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology/Engineering Drawing /Technical Vocational subject||Minimum 50% aggregate marks.|
|MBA/MCA||Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration.||Candidates applying for MCA should have studied Mathematics either at graduation or at the 12th level.||Graduation should be done by securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% for the SC/ST category).|
|BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MAM||12th/Intermediate examination passed in any stream.||Any Stream||45% aggregate marks in 12th (40% marks in SC/ST category candidates).|
For Admission to 2nd Year Courses
|Course||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech (LE)||Must pass 3-years diploma in engineering or B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2.||45% marks (40 marks for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
|B.Pharm (LE)||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|MCA (LE)||Must have BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) degree from a recognised institution.||Minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.|