Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2021. Tamil Nadu, a south Indian state has a number of medical institutions. In its capital city of Chennai, various top reputed universities offer UG & PG medical and dental courses. It shares its border with three states, i.e. Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. Many candidates visir here to complete their graduation and post graduation in medical field. The average literacy rate of this state is 80.09%. In this article we have mentioned the detailed information of Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2021.
To read more about MBBS BDS Admission, click here.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission Procedure 2021
The admission procedure is consists of appearing in the entrance exam, registration for the counselling, choice filling for colleges, report to allotted colleges for admission and payment of the admission fee. Candidates to get admission in Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS admission courses should appear in the national level entrance exam.
There is a NEET-UG entrance exam which is conducted to get admission in UG medical courses (MBBS/BDS). NEET PG is conducted for postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS). Through NEET, candidates those wishing to get admission in the state medical colleges can get admission followed by the counselling procedure. For admission in AIIMS, candidates can appear in AIIMS entrance exam which is conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi.
|Release of NEET-UG admits card at ntaneet. nic. in 2021||Three days before the exam (September 9th, 2021)|
|NEET 2021 exam date||September 12, 2021|
|NEET 2021 result||To be announced|
|Announcement of counselling dates||To be announced|
Top Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu has various reputed colleges those offer UG and PG courses in the field of medical. Some of the top medical colleges in Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission are:
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, etc.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2021
The Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS admission in the medical colleges will be offered through the entrance exam. So, candidates have to fulfil the eligibility given below to be eligible for the exam and admission.
- Candidate should be India citizen.
- OCI candidates can also apply.
- The lower age limit to apply in NEET is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years and 30 years for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should clear the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCB and English subject.
- Candidates those studying in 12th are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate should obtain 50% minimum marks (40% for reserve category candidates) in the qualifying exam.
For admission into medical colleges of Tamil Nadu in MBBS course, candidates must appear in NEET entrance exam. The admission in medical courses will be done through the counselling procedure. For counselling, candidates have to register on the concerned website and pay the counselling fee. The seats will be allotted after the completion of the document verification round. The seat allocation will be done on the basis of NEET rank secured by the candidates, choice filled and availability of seats. After seat allotment, candidates are required to report to the allotted college for completing the admission formalities.
Candidates must carry the some documents in original to produce at the time of document verification.
- NEET 2021 Admit Card
- NEET 2021 Rank Card
- 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport-size Photographs