Registration for Practical Training Assessment Tests – Online Application
Registration for Practical Training Assessment Tests: The Council has decided to assess students after completion of first and second year of practical training with online MCQ based tests. To begin with, the tests are being scheduled on September 23, 2018 and October 21, 2018. The students who have completed their 1st/ 2nd year of practical training during the second quarter of 2018, i.e. April‐June, 2018 would be eligible to appear in these assessments.
Registration for Practical Training Assessment Tests
The eligible students may register for test on any of these dates through the registration portal https://pttest.icai.org/ till September 7, 2018 by giving their preference for test date and examination location. Selecting a test date will not imply confirmation for that date. Student may be assigned any test date out of the two dates depending on the number of candidates in that region for the particular date. However, preference will be given to the selected date. Similarly, out of the two preferences given for the examination location, the location so allotted may be either of the preferences opted for by you depending on the number of students registered for that particular location. For any issues/ queries related to registration, students may contact the Help Desk mentioned on the aforestated portal.
For the students who have completed/ will be completing their 1st/ 2nd year of practical training during the third quarter of 2018, i.e. July‐September, 2018, the registrations will open in October, 2018 for October 21 test.
Students are advised to register for the tests well in time to avoid last minute hassles. If the students are unable to register for the aforestated two test dates on account of exigency, if any, students will be able to register for future examination dates which will be announced in due course.
How to fill up Online Application Form
Step – 1: Login to the portal
The applicant shall visit the website https://pttest.icai.org/, Click on Login link on the home page and enter his/her Student Registration number along with Date Of Birth as per ICAI records. These details will be validated with our database of candidates.
In case these details are not validated, the applicant will not be able to register for the examination.
The applicant will fill the details and upload the photograph. Uploading of photograph as jpeg / jpg files is mandatory. The size of photograph should not be more than 50KB. Please do not include dots in the name of files (eg. Incorrect naming A.P.Kumar.jpg, Correct naming APKumar.jpg) Click here to know more about cropping of scanned files.
Step – 2: The candidates are advised to check the application status through the link “Login” to check whether the application has been captured successfully by the portal.
1. What will be the criteria for appearing in these assessment tests? The students after completing the 1st/ 2nd year of practical training are eligible to appear in these assessment tests in the subsequent quarter of completion of the same. For example, a student completing his/her 1st/ 2nd year of practical training during April‐ June, 2018 will be supposed to appear in the respective test during September, 2018. These students will however, be given an extension till December, 2018 to appear in these tests.
2. When is the first test and who all are eligible to appear for these assessment tests? Is the first date applicable for both 1st and 2nd level tests? The first test will be on September 23, 2018 and the students who have completed their 1st/ 2nd year during April‐June, 2018 are eligible to appear for this test. 1st and 2nd level tests will be held on same dates.
3. What is the syllabus for these tests? These tests are being introduced to assess the knowledge gained by the students during the course of practical training and their ability to apply their subject specific skills while undergoing their training in that particular area. Hence, there is no defined syllabus for these tests. However, fields in which practical training is being imparted have been identified.
4. Which are the compulsory modules and which are the optional modules for 1st level test? In the 1st level test, Accounting and Auditing (including Corporate Laws) of 50 marks will be compulsory and students would be selecting one optional module (comprising of 25 marks) out of Direct Tax, Indirect Tax and Internal Audit, as per their practical training specialisation area.
How the application form should reach the Institute?
The application form is only to be submitted online. There is no need to submit any print out of the application form at the office of the Institute. However, you may keep the copy for your own records at least till the release of admit cards.
The students who have completed their 1st / 2nd year of practical training during the second quarter of 2018, i.e. April‐ June, 2018 would be eligible to appear on September 23 and October 21, 2018.
The students who have completed/ will be completing their 1st / 2nd year of practical training during the third quarter of 2018, i.e. July‐September, 2018 would be eligible to appear on October 21, 2018. They will be allowed to register for the test in October only.
5. Issuance of Admit Card
The Admit Card for the test will be available on this portal 5 days before the test date and candidates are requested to take a printout of the same. No physical admit cards will be issued.
In case of any technical difficulty, kindly e-mail or call Help Desk given under “Contact Us” section.
6. Details of Test
This will be an Objective Type MCQ based examination of 75 marks for 1st Level and 100 marks for 2nd Level. There will be no negative marking.
There would be no reading time. Candidates should reach examination centre 30 minutes prior to the examination. Late arrival of candidates will not be permitted. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall till the conclusion of the test.
7. Grading System
Students will be assigned grades based on their performance in the assessment as below:
- 80% and above – A grade
- 60% and above but below 80% – B grade
- 40% and above but below 60% – C grade
- Below 40% – D grade
8. Examination Fee
A candidate will not be required to pay the test fee when he/she applies for the test for the first time. If he/she applies for the test for the second/ third time for improvement in the grade, he/she will be required to submit a nominal fee, for which details will be notified later.