NATA 2021: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation. NATA 2021 Application form for the third phase has been released. NATA 2021 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is managed by the Council of Architecture (COA). It is a national level aptitude test conducted for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into five years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programmes. A NATA score card will be considered by private & government-aided colleges or institutions.
COA has decided to conduct this exam for the third time on 3rd September 2021 due to children’s inability to attend it due to the covid pandemic. Check this article; here, we have updated the complete details about NATA 2021.
Click here to Apply for the exam to be held on 3rd September 2021 from the official site. NATA has already declared the results for the second phase. Check your results from the link given above.
NATA Exam Dates
Below, we have mentioned the official schedule of NATA 2021 for the third session:
|Online Registration Starts||26th July 2021|
|Last Date of Online Registration||22nd August 2021|
|Admit Card Issued||29th August 2021|
|Date of Exam||3rd September 2021|
|Result Declaration||8th September 2021|
NATA Counselling will be organised by the participating Institutions Individually. No counselling will be conducted by the COA. After the result declaration, candidates can apply to get admission into B.Arch courses in various Institutions & universities based on the NATA Scorecard. The NATA Score Card will be valid only for the academic year 2021-2022.
NATA Registration 2021
- Candidates can register for the NATA 2021 through online mode.
- The NATA 2021 Registration has been started from 26th July 2021.
- Candidates can register till 22nd August 2021.
- Candidates have to fill their personal details & upload documents at the time of online form filling.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images, i.e., passport size photograph, own signature and category certificate (if applicable) in a given format.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page generated after the fee payment for further process.
- There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
- The registration fee is Rs. 1800/- for general and Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates can make payment through online mode using debit card/credit card and net banking.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Age Limit: No age limit to apply for NATA exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent or 10+2 Diploma (any stream) or International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
- Subjects: Pass above examination with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Secure at least 50% marks in the above qualifying examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Lateral Entry: There is no process of lateral entry admission into B.Arch course.
NATA Admit Card 2021
Candidates can download their admit card from 29th August 2021 through online mode. Whenever the admit card is issued by the authority, we will update it on our website. The NATA 2021 admit card will consist of candidates & exam details such as the name of the candidate, roll number, date & time of exam, venue of the test centre, etc. Candidates have to carry one of the photo ID proof along with the admit card/appointment voucher.
NATA Exam Pattern
NATA 2021 exam will be conducted on 3rd September 2021. The exam pattern is given here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen paper based).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours (10:30 AM to 1:30 PM).
- Type of Question: The question of Mathematics & General Aptitude will be multiple choice questions and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
- No. of Questions: Total 62 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded to the candidates in Mathematics & General Aptitude test.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Qualifying Marks: Secure minimum 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|Mathematics – 20 Questions||40|
|General Aptitude – 40 Questions||80|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper – 2 Questions||80|
The NATA 2021 Syllabus will consist of three sections include Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualising different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualisation and visualisation through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape. Everyday day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
How to prepare for NATA 2021
- Candidates have to understand their drawing & creative skills.
- Make a time-table & give equal interval of time to each subject.
- Aware about complete syllabus & exam pattern of the examination.
- Solve previous year question paper for practice.
- Eat healthy food & stay fit.
- Refer best study material & books.
NATA Result 2021
NATA 2021 Result will be announced on 8th September 2021. Candidates will check their results online mode from the website. The result will be published in three formats: marks secure out of 200, merit list, percentile score. Keep the print copy of the result for admission procedure.