CSEET 2020 (Postponed): Last Date 15th June, Eligibility, Syllabus, Registration, Fees
CSEET 2020: CSEET is a unique initiative of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) to select candidates with right aptitude and attitude, seeking admission into Executive Programme of Company Secretaryship Course. The Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India in exercise of the powers vested under clause (a) of subsection (2) of Section 15 of the Company Secretaries Act, 1980, as amended by the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Act, 2006 read with Regulation 20(1)(ii) of Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 has approved the syllabus for Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET).
Passing of CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is mandatory for all candidates to register for CS Executive Programme, except a few exempted categories of candidates w.e.f. 3rd February, 2020. With the introduction of CSEET, new registration to the Foundation Programme has ceased to exist.
CSEET Last Date and New Updates
The last date of registration for 1st Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is Monday, the 15th June 2020.
1st Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is scheduled to be held on Friday, the 17th July 2020.
Minimum Eligibility : Passed or appearing in the Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination or equivalent or any higher qualification.
To register please click on below link: Click Here for Online Registration
The Syllabus of CSEET shall comprise of four papers and the nomenclature of the papers is as under:
- (i) Paper 1 : Business Communication (50 marks)
- (ii) Paper 2 : Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (50 marks)
- (iii) Paper 3 : Economic and Business Environment (50 marks)
- (iv) Paper 4 : Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills (Viva Voce) (50 marks)
The CSEET will consist of an On-line Computer Based Examination and Online Viva Voce.
- Detailed wise CSEET Syllabus
A candidate passed / appearing in the Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination or equivalent thereto shall be eligible to appear in the CSEET.
All Graduates/ Post Graduates who were hitherto eligible for registration directly to CS Executive Programme, shall also be required to pass the CSEET to become eligible for registration to CS Executive Programme.
- Candidates who have passed CS Foundation Programme shall be exempted from CSEET without any payment of exemption fee.
- Candidates who have passed the Final Examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and/or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) are exempted from CSEET and shall pay ₹5000 (Rupees Five Thousand Only) towards exemption fee at the time of Registration to CS Executive Programme.
In view of the current situation and difficulties being experienced by the students, it has been decided to extend the last date of registration for CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) appearing in May, 2020 session to 15th June, 2020 up to 23:59 Hours.
Further, the students may kindly note that the CSEET (May, 2020 session) is proposed to be conducted on Thursday, the 17th July, 2020.
Pattern of the CSEET
The Institute will conduct CS Executive Entrance Test based on Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions and viva-voce for testing listening, written communication and oral communication skills. There will be four papers in CS Executive Entrance Test. Each paper will contain Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions having one or two marks each with four options with one correct answer. The duration of the Test shall be 120 minutes and viva-voce on Presentation and Communication Skills of 15 Minutes.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
Test of 120 Minutes duration will be conducted at designated Test Centres. It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted in MCQ pattern as per the following details:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Logical|
|Economic and Business|
The Presentation and Communication Skills (Viva Voce) of 15 Minutes for 30 Marks will be conducted simultaneously with or immediately after the MCQ based CBT through online mode using artificial intelligence (AI) or through recoded videos at the designated Test Centres.
Applicability of CSEET
- 1. The first CSEET examination shall be held in May, 2020. Candidates registered effective from 3rd February, 2020 to Tuesday, the 5th May, 2020 up to 23:59 Hours (Date Extended) shall be examined in May, 2020.
- 2. All candidates registered under Foundation Programme prior to 3rd February, 2020 under Syllabus (2017), shall be examined under Foundation Programme till the validity of their registration/passing of examination, whichever is earlier.
- 3. For registration in CS Executive Programmee, the date of result of CSEET should not be older than one year prior to the date of such registration.
Schedule of Registration
The CSEET will be held on quarterly basis as per the indicative schedule and the details of registration window given below:
The first CS Executive Entrance Test shall be tentatively held in the month of May, 2020. Tentative schedule for conducting CS Executive Entrance Test throughout the year shall be as under :
- * For first CSEET examination in May 2020, the registration window is open till 15th April, 2020.
- ** The Institute reserves its right to amend the above schedule.
More details for CSEET Registration
CS Executive Entrance Test Fees Structure
Revised Fee Structure for registration to Executive Programme is given below :