My this article talks about the meaning of Nidhi company, its requirements, how does it work, what are the criterias and usefulness, filing and other statutory requirements with ROC and other relevant topics. Nidhi companies are very much relevant in South India and not very much known in other parts of India, but the benefits from such companies are much more. I have explained the same in detail.If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
What is Nidhi Company ??
Statutory Requirements :-To start a Nidhi Company there should be minimum 3 directors and 7 shareholders, if not then the incorporation of the same is not possible, as the same is required in case of a Limited company incorporation. The object of the Nidhi company should be only that of lending money, and taking deposits from its members for its mutual benefit only.
Criteria :-After the incorporation of the Nidhi-company, within one year of its incorporation it should comply with following criteria :
- They should not be having less than 200 members or shareholders, by whichever name called.
- Unencumbered deposits should not be less than 10% of the outstanding deposits.
- Net owned funds * should not be less than 10 lakhs.
- Net owned funds to deposits ratio should not be more than 1:20
*Net owned Funds = Paid up Equity share capital + Free reserves – Accumulated losses – Intangible Assets.
If Criteria is satisfied :-
If Criteria is not satisfied :-If at the end of the first financial year, if Nidhi-Company is not able to satisfy the above requirements than the Nidhi-company have to apply to Regional Director in Form NDH-2 for the extension of time from 30 days of the close of financial year.
Conclusion :-The Nidhi -company is not found in many regions of the country because its purpose is very much less and is to be created for only above said purposes. So the person wanting to start the company for the above said purpose than only should start a Nidhi company otherwise not.
- Depreciation Accounting under the Companies Act, 2013
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- List of Ind AS Notified by MCA
- How to apply for DIN or Procedure to Obtain DIN
- Loans by the Directors to Company
- Removal of Name of the Company From ROC (Register of Companies)
- How to Determine Residential status in India & Taxation Rules