VITMEE 2019: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Dates, Syllabus. VITMEE 2019 Application Form can be filled till 21st May 2019. VITMEE 2019 will be organized for the candidates seeking admission in master courses such as MCA & M.Tech. VITMEE is a university level entrance examination which is managed by the VIT University. VITMEE stands for VIT Master’s Entrance Examination. These courses are offered by the VIT University campuses situated in Vellore & Chennai. Those candidates who have qualified the GATE exam & searching for the admission into VIT University campuses have to apply for VITMEE 2019 exam. Check this article to get complete details about VITMEE 2019.
VITMEE Exam Date
Candidates can check here official exam schedule for the upcoming VITMEE 2019 entrance exam:
Events Dates (Announced)
Issue of Application form 22nd February 2019
Last date to Fill Application Form 21st May 2019
Last date to edit application form 21st May 2019
Slot Booking Starts 4th week of May 2019
Date of Exam 2nd & 3rd June 2019
Declaration of Result 2nd week of June 2019
Publication of Short Listed Applicants 8th June 2019
Counselling Starts 18th June (M.Tech-Automotive), 19th & 20th June (other M.Tech), 18th June (MCA), 30th June (M.Tech (by Res.) & Integrated Ph.D)
Last Date of Payment of Balance Fees 13th July 2019
Commencement of Classes 22nd July 2019
VITMEE Application Form 2019
Before applying for the VITMEE application form, candidates are required to read the information brochure carefully:
- VITMEE 2019 application form is accessible through online mode.
- The application form is available from 22nd February 2019.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph & signature.
- Keep the print copy of the application form for future reference.
- There is no need to send application form through offline mode (by post).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1121 as an application fee. The fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates can make payment either through online mode by using net banking/ credit/ debit cards.
The eligibility criteria for VITMEE 2019 is mentioned below:
- Candidates should be permanent residence of India & should have completed their graduation from college situated in India.
- NRI/PIO & Foreign candidates can also apply but separate application form will be released.
M.Tech (Master of Technology):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their B.Tech/BE or equivalent degree from recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum aggregate of 60% or equivalent marks in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to submit their passing certificate before 15th August 2019.
MCA (Master of Computer Application):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify their three year duration BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) from recognized university.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass their qualifying examination with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply. But they have to produce their passing certificate before 15th August 2019.
VITMEE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be consisting of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted to the candidates for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Subjects Total No. of Questions
Technical Subjects 80
English Communication 20
The VITMEE syllabus is comprised of M.Tech & MCA course syllabus. The M.Tech syllabus consist of bio-medical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical & electronics engineering, instrumentation engineering, electronics & communication engineering, life sciences, mechanical engineering, information technology and computer & communication engineering, nano technology, pharmacy, physics, mathematics. The MCA syllabus contains topics of Mathematics, Date Structures, Programming in C, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems & Computer Architecture.
The English Communication syllabus is common to all subjects. It comprise of Grammar, Writing Technical Instructions, Writing Memos & Writing Minutes, Transcoding, Preparing Questionnaire & Proof Reading.
- Know the complete syllabus & exam pattern of the exam.
- Candidates can buy the books from online or from the book store.
- Focus on the topics which are asked every year in the exam.
- Improve your writing skills and speed with accuracy.
- Do not try new topics at the end.
- Take a proper diet and a healthy sleep.
VITMEE Slot Booking
The slot booking process will be started from the 4th week of May 2019 through online mode. It is a web-based online scheduling system. Candidates can book a slot by using their “USER ID” & “Password”. Candidates can choose the exam center & exam schedule (date & time of exam). The slot booking will be done on first-come-first serve basis. After the completion of a slot booking, a confirmation mail will be send automatically to the candidates in their registered email id.
VITMEE Admit Card 2019
Candidates can access the VITMEE admit card through online mode from our website. The Admit card will be available after the slot booking. Without a slot booking, candidates will not be able to get the admit card. There is no mode to send the admit card through offline mode. The admit card contains name of the candidate, roll no., category, gender, photograph, test venue, exam date & time, etc. Candidates will not be permitted to write the exam without a valid admit card. Candidates must keep the admit card safe with them & produce at the time of admission process.
VITMEE 2019 Results
Candidates will check their VITMEE 2019 results in the 2nd week of June 2019. The result will be declared by the conducting authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their application number & date of birth. On the basis of the performance in the examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling. The list of shortlisted candidates will be released on 8th June 2019.
VITMEE Counselling/Interview 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling/Interview process at VIT Chennai & Vellore campuses.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be posted in our website. The conducting authority also sent personal SMS in the registered mobile number regarding to the interview/counselling.
- The counselling will be started from 18th June 2019.
Selected candidates have to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 10,000 via DD which will be drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
- Candidate’s documents will be verified during the counselling process.
Documents required at the time of Interview:
- High School & Intermediate Mark sheet
- All Years Mark Sheet of Bachelor’s degree
- Original Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Valid GATE score card (if applicable)
- VITMEE Admit Card 2017
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer (for sponsored candidates)
- DD of Rs. 10,000