How to Update or Correct EPF UAN online or Offline - Step by Step Details
How to Update or Correct EPF UAN online or Offline. The employees Provident Fund organisation of India (EPFO) started providing UAN numbers to its members. For this the EPFO also started an online portal called EPF UAN helpdesk. Through this portal necessary employee information can be updated.
How to Update or Correct EPF UAN online or Offline
Why is it important?The UAN stand for Universal Account number. The UAN is a 12 digit unique number given to each member. Under the UAN there are multiple Identity’s allotted by an employer. When an individual joins a new company they must submit their UAN to their employer. Sometimes the account holders might change address or phone numbers. Sometime issues may arise with EFP UAN. The major purpose of the unique number is to give employees the access to view their profile. Through their UAN they can view their profile, edit their profile, download their online passbooks and request for transfers.
How to Update or Correct UAN: Online and OfflineIn order to use the above mentioned facilities the UAN holder must first create a login by visiting the UAN homepage.
- Go to EPFO Homepage.
- Under Our Services banner click on For Employees.
- The employees will then be re-directed to Services page. Under this section Click on UAN helpdesk.
- Upon clicking on this link. A new page will open. Click on the member section.
- The link will take the employer to new webpage. Under the problem type section the member can select the problems they want to fix.
- The members can get their UAN, they can also change their password.
- Incorrect detail can also be edited.
- Upon Clicking to change the EPF UAN details. The member will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- The member can then enter the OTP and verify it.
- After verifying the OTP, the link will generate the reference ID for the request.
If the member want to update this information Offline.
- The member who want to update the information can do it through their employer.
- The member need to submit the request. Also submit the necessary document for updating the records.
- The employer on behalf of member will contact the field officer for the update.
- However only previous employer can correct the date of birth of EPF account if mismatched.