Threshold limit Increased for maintenance of books of accounts of Individuals and HUF in Finance Bill 2017. Increasing the threshold limit for maintenance of books of accounts in case of Individuals and Hindu undivided family. Hi Friends in union budget 2017 govt Increasing the threshold limit for maintenance of books of accounts in case of Individuals & HUF. Now check more details from below….
Threshold limit Increased for maintenance of books of accounts
The existing provisions of clause (i) and clause (ii) of sub-section (2) of section 44AA of the Act cast an obligation on every person carrying on business or profession [other than those mentioned in sub-section (1) such as legal, medical, engineering or architectural profession or the profession of accountancy or technical consultancy or interior decoration or any other profession as is notified by the Board in the Official Gazette] to maintain such books of accounts and documents in the previous year to enable the Assessing Officer to compute his total income in accordance with the provisions of Act, provided that the income and total sales or turn over or gross receipts, etc specified in said clauses exceeds rupees one lakh twenty thousand and rupees ten lakh, respectively
In order to reduce the compliance burden, it is proposed to amend the provisions of section 44AA to increase monetary limits of income and total sales or turn over or gross receipts, etc specified in said clauses for maintenance of books of accounts from one lakh twenty thousand rupees to two lakh fifty thousand rupees and from ten lakh rupees to twenty-five lakh rupees, respectively in the case of Individuals and Hindu undivided family carrying on business or profession.
This amendment will take effect from 1st April, 2018 and will, accordingly, apply in relation to the assessment year 2018-19 and subsequent years.
Please Download Finance Bill 2017 From Below link….
- TDS Rates U/s 194J Reduced from 10% to 2% by Finance Bill 2017
- Deemed profit u/s 44 AD reduced from 8% to 6% for digital transaction
- Salient Features of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- PMGKY Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme, 2016
- CBDT Clarification on Fake News Related to Exemption to Political Parties
- Income Tax Due Dates 2017, Tax Calendar 2017
- Tax treatment of dividend received from a foreign company
- How to submit Response for Outstanding Tax Demand
- Additional Depreciation – Who can Avail?, availability, Rate of Add Dep
- Tax Audit Limit U/s 44AB Increased From 1 Crore to 2 Crore AY 2017-18