SEBI Grade A exam notification was recently released for Assistant Manager post. The Phase I examination for the post of Assistant Manager is scheduled for 12 April 2020. SEBI Grade A Phase I of the examination consists of two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. In this article, we have summarised a strategy for Paper 1 of SEBI Assistant Manager Phase I 2020 Exam.
The strategy mentioned below is structured subject-wise for your ease of understanding. As per the official notification, you must score a minimum 30% to clear the cutoff and be eligible for Phase II examination. A holistic approach towards all the 4 subjects is highly recommended to score well and ace the examination.
The SEBI Grade A 2020 exam is similar to other banking exams in its pattern and demands a good grasp on English, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Awareness. Read the article ahead to find detailed preparation tips for each subject:
General Awareness (GA)
General Awareness section revolves around the statics information and current affairs. The static portion covers subjects like Polity, History, Geography, Economics, Environment and Science & Tech, including some questions related to the Financial Sector. Current Affairs questions are majorly based on
- National & International events
- Union Budget & Economic Survey
- Banking News
- Awards and Honours
- Important Days
- Person In News
- Important Reports & Indices
- International & National Organizations
- Books and Authors
- Science- Inventions/Discoveries/Defence/Nuclear
The list is not exhaustive in nature and is given for reference only.
There are a few points that you must remember while prepping for GA Section:
- Follow and read the newspaper every day. As the time between the notification and the exam is relatively less, you may choose to follow a website or magazine for current affairs compilation of the last five months. Gradeup offers expert-curated current affairs compilation on a daily / monthly basis.
- Maintain notes for the current affairs along with the static portion to make the revision easier.
- You must prevent from following multiple study sources/books as it hampers the quality of retention. You should revise one source numerous times to enhance memorisation.
- Refer to past year papers and GA mock tests to analyse the kind of questions asked. Determine if the questions asked are factual or analytical and design your preparation accordingly.
The English language section in SEBI Grade A 2020 Exam is designed to check your basic proficiency in English grammar, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
- Go through all the grammar rules for each chapter such as active-passive, direct-indirect and tense usage, then proceed by practising all level of questions.
- You must develop a habit of reading good quality editorials and text to enhance your vocabulary and comprehension skills. If you come across a new word while reading, make a not os it in a separate sheet to compile all the newfound vocabulary.
- Especially for the vocabulary section, refer to previous year papers and cover all the synonyms, antonyms, phrases & Idioms, etc. You might get lucky and find the same questions in your examination.
- Revise and practice using test series to manage your accuracy, negatives and time. SEBI Mock test help you improve your speed and accuracy hence better score.
To score well in this section, you should target the following points while preparing for it.
- Memorise your formulas well.
- Learn important tips and shortcuts to save time.
- Learn the square, cube, square root and cube roots.
- Practising questions is your best and only friend for this section.
Apart from the points mentioned above, structure your preparation beginning from chapter-wise questions which shall teach you how to solve any kind of question from that topic. In the second phase, solve sectional aptitude mock tests to gain expertise in the topics. Ultimately, attempt numerous full-length Quantitative Aptitude test to determine if you are lagging in any topic and master the speed & accuracy to solve the section. You may also download Gradeup SEBI Online Preparation App to get access to expert quality tests and other study resources.
Reasoning section includes topics such as Puzzles, Data Sufficiency, Order and Ranking,
Seating Arrangement, Blood relation, and Direction Sense among others. There are no set formulas for this section hence rigorous practice and numerous mock test will improve your efficiency to solve this section.
- Reasoning section gives you a chance to improve your overall score of the exam as it is highly scoring in nature. Practising full-length Reasoning tests will surely improve your speed and accuracy.
- Few questions might seem time-consuming to solve thus, it is important to practice various kinds of questions to avoid surprises in the exam.
- The questions in this section are often long and complex to read therefore you must note all the important facts while reading the question to avoid re-reading and enhance comprehension.
Design a composite strategy and plan for your SEBI Grade A 2020 Examination, use the section-wise tips stated above. Though there is no sectional cutoff in the Paper 1 of SEBI Assistant Manager Phase I exam, all the sections are equally important to reach the cutoff score.
All the Best!