Register as Person Competent to Verify in e-Filing, Find Complete procedure for Register as Person Competent to Verify the return of income, Person Competent to Verify – Registration. Here we are providing complete details for How to Register as Person Competent to Verify in e-Filing Like – Pre-requisites to register as Person Competent to Verify, Steps involved in Register as Person Competent to Verify, Approval Process, Key Points to be noted, Person competent to Verify Functionalities etc. Now you can scroll down below n check more details regarding “Register as Person Competent to Verify in e-Filing”
Register as Person Competent to Verify in e-Filing
As per section 140 of Income Tax Act 1961, where the individual (assessee) is mentally incapacitated from attending to his affairs, his guardian or any other person competent to act on his behalf can verify the return of income.
An Individual must register on behalf of a mentally incapacitated individual in e-Filing application in order to avail the services like filing of returns and other functionalities.
Pre-requisites to register as Person Competent to Verify
- Competent Person’s PAN should be registered in the e-Filing porta
- Mentally incapacitated individual may be registered.
- This functionality is provided for Individual user only.
Steps involved in Register as Person Competent to Verify
Step 1 – Login to e-Filing portal using Competent Person’s Credentials
Step 2 – My Account —- Register as Person Competent to Verify
Step 3 – Enter the details of Mentally incapacitated individual
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Middle Name
- First Name
Step 4 – Select the files to upload
Step 5 – Attach a Zip/PDF File with the below scanned documents
- Copy of PAN card of the incapacitated
- Self-attested PAN card copy
- Certificate issued by District Committee headed by District Collector.
Step 6 – Click Submit
Step 1 – ‘Register as Person Competent to Verify’ request will be sent to the e-Filing Administrator.
Step 2 – The e-Filing Administrator will verify the request and approve / reject as applicable based on the documents uploaded.
Step 3 – An e-mail is sent to the registered e-mail ID with the details of approval / Rejection.
Key Points to be noted:
- Documents in regional language should be translated to Hindi or English. The translated document should be notarized (Both the original and translated document should be uploaded).
- The uploaded documents should be scanned in ZIP / PDF format with 300 dpi.
- The zip file attachment should not exceed 50Mb.
- Once the mentally incapacitated PAN is added by Person Competent to verify and approved by e-Filing admin, the mentally incapacitated User ID shall be deactivated in e-Filing portal
- If a mentally incapacitated PAN is not registered and the e-Filing admin has approved the Person Competent to verify for such PAN, then that PAN cannot be further registered in e-Filing portal.
Person competent to Verify Functionalities
|2||Submit ITR online||Yes|
|4||Submit Form online (self/LH)||Yes|
|8||Request for Intimation||Yes|
|9||Response to Outstanding Tax Demand||Yes|
|10||Tax Credit Mismatch||Yes|
|11||List / Dis-engage CA||Yes|
|17||View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)||Yes|