Puducherry GST Act 2017, Puduchery Goods and Service Tax Act 2017. Puducherry Govt Passed Puducherry Act on 17th May 2017. Puducherry State is passed his own GST Act 2017, Puducherry sgst act 2017 is available for download in English. THE PUDUCHERRY GOODS AND SERVICES TAX BILL, 2017 (Bill No. 10 of 2017) A BILL to make a provision for levy and collection of tax on intra-State supply of goods or services or both by the Union territory of Puducherry and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto BE it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of Puducherry in the Sixty-eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
Puducherry GST Act 2017
1. Short title, extent and commencement.-
- (1) This Act may be called the Puducherry Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017.
- (2) It extends to the whole of the Union territory of Puducherry.
- (3) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
2. Definitions.– Click Here to Download Puducherry Full GST Act 2017 and check all Definitions.
Procedure for registration
(1) Every person who is liable to be registered under section 22 or section 24 shall apply for registration within thirty days from the date on which he becomes liable to registration, in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed:
Provided that a casual taxable person or a non-resident taxable person shall apply for registration at least five days prior to the commencement of business.
Explanation – Every person who makes a supply from the territorial waters of India shall obtain registration in the State where the nearest point of the appropriate baseline is located in the State.
(2) A person seeking registration under this Act shall be granted a single registration:
Provided that a person having multiple business verticals in the State may be granted a separate registration for each business vertical, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
(3) A person, though not liable to be registered under section 22 or section 24 may get himself registered voluntarily, and all provisions of this Act, as are applicable to a registered person, shall apply to such person.
(4) A person who has obtained or is required to obtain more than one registration, whether in one State or Union territory or more than one State or Union territory shall, in respect of each such registration, be treated as distinct persons for the purposes of this Act.
(5) Where a person who has obtained or is required to obtain registration in a State or Union territory in respect of an establishment, has an establishment in another State or Union territory, then such establishments shall be treated as establishments of distinct persons for the purposes of this Act.
(6) Every person shall have a Permanent Account Number issued under the Income-tax Act, 1961 in order to be eligible for grant of registration:
Provided that a person required to deduct tax under section 51 may have, in lieu of a Permanent Account Number, a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number issued under the said Act in order to be eligible for grant of registration.
(7) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (6), a non-resident taxable person may be granted registration under sub-section (1) on the basis of such other documents as may be prescribed.
(8) Where a person who is liable to be registered under this Act fails to obtain registration, the proper officer may, without prejudice to any action which may be taken under this Act or under any other law for the time being in force, proceed to register such person in such manner as may be prescribed.
(9) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1),-
- (a) any specialised agency of the United Nations Organisation or any Multilateral Financial Institution and Organisation notified under the United Nations (Privileges and Immunities) Act, 1947, Consulate or Embassy of foreign countries; and
- (b) any other person or class of persons, as may be notified by the Commissioner,
shall be granted a Unique Identity Number in such manner and for such purposes, including refund of taxes on the notified supplies of goods or services or both received by them, as may be prescribed.
(10) The registration or the Unique Identity Number shall be granted or rejected after due verification in such manner and within such period as may be prescribed.
(11) A certificate of registration shall be issued in such form and with effect from such date as may be prescribed.
(12) A registration or a Unique Identity Number shall be deemed to have been granted after the expiry of the period prescribed under sub-section (10), if no deficiency has been communicated to the applicant within that period.
(1) The grant of registration or the Unique Identity Number under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a grant of registration or the Unique Identity Number under this Act subject to the condition that the application for registration or the Unique Identity Number has not been rejected under this Act within the time specified in sub-section (10) of section 25.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (10) of section 25, any rejection of application for registration or the Unique Identity Number under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a rejection of application for registration under this Act.
It is not possible to provide full Act at here, so please download Puducherry Full GST Act 2017 in PDF Format from below download link….
Recommended Articles –
- GST Scope
- GST Return
- GST Forms
- GST Rate
- GST Registration
- What is GST?
- GST Invoice Format
- GST Composition Scheme
- HSN Code
- GST Login
- GST Rules
- GST Status
- Track GST ARN
- Time of Supply
If you have any query or suggestion regarding “Puducherry GST Act 2017” then please tell us via below comment box…