Pondicherry University 2019: Entrance Exam, Admission, Application Form. Pondicherry University 2019 Application Form has been released now. Pondicherry University is a central university which conducts its own entrance examination. This exam is known as Pondicherry University Entrance exam. The University was founded in the year 1985. Pondicherry University offers various programmes such as PG, Doctoral and Integrated Research programmes in the field of business administration, engineering, arts, science and many others. For complete information about Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2019, students can check this article.
Pondicherry University Exam Dates
Below, we have mentioned the official schedule of Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2019.
|Application Form Availability||21st March 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form||24th April 2019|
|Admit Card Issued||3rd week of May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Exam||25th, 26th & 27th May 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2019|
Pondicherry University 2019 Application Form
The university has provided the application form from 21st March 2019. Check below for other details about.
- students can fill & submit the application form through online mode.
- The last date to fill the application form will be 24th April 2019.
- students have to apply separately for each course.
- Fill all the required details carefully. Any wrong information will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- students have a valid email id & mobile number to fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned image of passport size photograph, signature and other required certificates.
- students can pay the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or offline (Challan in Indian Bank) mode.
- The application fee for NRI and Overseas students is Rs. 6500.
- The application fee for various courses is mentioned below:
|P.G. / P.G. Diploma||200||–||400|
|MBA (One common application for all the 5 MBA Programmes)||500||–||1000|
The eligibility criteria for PG, Ph.D, Integrated and PG Diploma programmes are different. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualifying Exam: student should pass their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: students have to secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Exam: students must hold the Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: students have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam. In some other courses, a minimum 55% mark is required.
PG Diploma Course
- Qualifying Exam: students have to complete their master degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
- Minimum Marks: students have to qualify their qualifying examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: students must study under 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+5) & completed their master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: students have to score minimum 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying examination.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
Pondicherry University Syllabus
The syllabus for the Pondicherry University entrance exam is different for all courses. students can check their syllabus according to the course for which they are appeared. The syllabus is prescribed by the university itself. For complete syllabus topic wise, students can go through the prospectus published by the university.
For the best preparation of Pondicherry University Entrance Examination, students can follow the given tips & tricks:
- students must know the complete syllabus thoroughly for the exam.
- Cover each & every topic of the subject.
- Do not try to study the new topics at the end of the exam preparation. Revise the topics & chapter you already prepared.
- Make separate notes of your own.
- Make a proper timetable for your study.
Srinagar, New Delhi, Bhopal, Lucknow, Allahabad, Ranchi, Patna, Itanagar, Guwahati, Kolkatta, Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Port Blair (Andamans), Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Puducherry, Vilupuram, Chennai, Karaikal, Coimbatore, Tiruchirapalli, Palayamkottai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madurai, Kottayam, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mahe/Tellicherry, Bangalore, Mangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad.
|Schedule Castes (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
|students from the Union Territory of Puducherry||25%|
Pondicherry University 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued by the conducting authority through online mode. students will be able to get the pondicherry university admit card from the 3rd week of May 2019. students have to bring valid admit card in the examination centre. No entry will be allowed without the admit card. The admit card will consist of student & exam details such as name of the student, roll number, category, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
Pondicherry University Result 2019
Pondicherry University 2019 Result will be released in the first week of June 2019. The result will be declared through online mode. No other mode will be entertained to check the result. students will check their results by entering their application number and date of birth. After the announcement of the result, the separate merit list will be made according to the courses on the basis of the marks secured in the exam. The merit list will be published by the authority through online mode. Only selected students will be intimated of their selection.
The cut-off is the minimum marks which students have to score in the examination to get admission into their choice course. To get admission into Ph.D course, the minimum cut-off for the GEN category will be ½ of the average of the examination, which is secured by the students in the respective subject. For OBC/ST/SC/PwD category, the minimum cut-off will be 10% below the cut-off marks of the GEN category.
Pondicherry University 2019 Admission
The admission into PG/PG Diploma programme will be based on the marks scored in the examination. students, those want to get admission into Ph.D course, they are selected on the basis of the marks get in the entrance exam, personal interview & academic records. The common merit list will be prepared by the university as per the entrance exam (70%) and PI & academic records (30%). The direct admission to Ph.D. programme will be offered to the NET/JRF qualified student with fellowships. No separate call letter/select card/ admission information will be sent to the selected or wait-listed students.