NEST Result 2019, Merit List, Releasing Date & How to Check. NEST Result 2019 will be declared on 18th June 2019. It will be available only through online mode. NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) is a national level examination organized for admission to 5 years Integrated M.Sc programme. Through this exam, candidates will get admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy-Centre of Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Candidates can check this article to get complete information about NEST 2019 Results including releasing date, merit list, how to check, etc.
NEST Result 2019
Candidates will be able to view their results only through online mode from the official website.
NEST 2019 Results will be released on 18th June 2019. There is no other mode to check the result.
Candidates can check it by entering their roll number/application number & date of birth.
Candidates should save it till the admission procedure not over.
NEST 2019 Results Date
NEST exam will be organized on 2nd June 2019. It will be organized through online mode (CBT Based).
Candidate will check NEST Result 2019 only through online mode from the official website. It will be declared on 18th June 2019.
After a few days of the result declaration, the universities will organize their counselling procedure separately.
NEST 2019 Merit List
Candidates will be able to check the NEST Merit List on the same day of the announcement of result.
In NEST examination, there are five sections which include the general section of 30 marks & 4 subject sections of 50 marks each.
Section 1 (General Section) is compulsory to attempt. Candidates can attempt ‘as many’ from the subject sections.
NEST Merit List 2019 will be prepared on the basis of score of a general section along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections.
In the other words, the section in which candidates score worst marks will be discarded during merit list calculation.
How to Check the Result
Candidates should follow the following steps to check NEST 2019 Results:
- Open the official website. (Link will be provided above)
- Click on “NEST 2019 Result” link.
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, fill your “Roll Number” & “Date of Birth” OR “Application Number” & “Date of Birth”.
- Then, click on the “Go” button.
- Check your result.
- Take a print copy of it for future use.
Last year, the numbers of seats available at the two institutions are as follows:
|PD (part of other categories)||3% seats in each category||3% seats in each category|
Tie Break Rules
- In case, two or more candidates have an equal total score, candidates with the higher score in general section will get a better rank.
- If the tie remains happen, then the best scores in the subject section of two candidates will be compared. Candidates have the better score in any of the subject section will get a better rank.
- If the tie still persists, then candidates will be given same provisional rank at the time of NEST Result 2019 declaration & the tie will be broken by comparing class 12th marks & date of birth in that order, during admission/counselling.
NEST Counselling 2019
The counselling will be organized by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS separately for admission to the M.Sc course. Candidates, those are shortlisted only they are eligible to appear in the counselling procedure. NEST 2019 Counselling will be conducted through offline mode in the university campuses. Candidates have to present physically on the day of counselling. Candidates also have to bring their original documents along with two self-attested photocopies.