NEST 2021: NISER Admission, result, counselling. NEST 2021 answer key will be released soon in august 2021. National Entrance Screening Test (NEST 2021) is a national-level examination. This exam offers admission in 5 years of integrated M.Sc programs at NISER (National Institute of Science Education & Research), Bhubaneshwar & UM-DAE CEBS (University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences), Mumbai. NEST 2021 was conducted on 14th august 2021. Here, we provide the NEST 2021 exam details such as answer key, result, counselling, etc.
NEST 2021 Important Instructions
- At several test centers, the number of applicants who opted for those test centers hugely exceeded the available seating capacity.
- Holding examination in a single session under this scenario would mean that many applicants would have to be allotted to test centers outside their preference list and in many cases outside their home state.
- To avoid this inconvenience to the applicants, the authority will conduct the exam in two sessions, on the same day (14th august 2021).
- The authority efforts are to allot almost all the applicants to the test center of their first preference.
- The candidates will be allotted the examination session at random and no requests for choice of session will be entertained.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the instructions and procedures that will be employed for merit list preparation for NEST 2021 carefully, before downloading the admit card.
- Test center address and session in which you have to appear for the exam, will be printed in your admit card.
NOTE: To facilitate application submission for all registered applicants, we will open the payment gateway for NEST fee payment from 24th February till 15th July 2021. Those registered, but the price is incomplete, may log in with the userID and password on the login page (check status button) and attempt payment through the payment gateway. No further requests regarding failed transactions or multiple charges will be entertained for payment transactions done during this period. Note that no new applicant registration is allowed.
NEST 2021 Application Form was available to be filled by 15th July 2021.
NEST 2021 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the official exam schedule for NEST 2021:
|Notification release||25th December 2021|
|Online Application Starts from||24th February 2021|
|Last date to apply||15th July 2021|
|Fee Payment Re-open||July 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||July 2021|
|Admit card availability||3rd August 2021|
|Exam Date||14th August 2021|
|Session 1:||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (no applicant will be allowed into test center after 9:30 AM)|
|Session 2:||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (no applicant will be permitted into the test center after 2:30 PM)|
|Result Declaration||1st September 2021|
NEST Result 2021
Appeared candidates can check their results on 1st September 2021. Candidates can download the NEST 2021 result from the official website. A separate merit list will be prepared by the authority for providing admission. Candidates are suggested to keep a printout of the result and preserve it for further admission process.
NEST 2021 Counselling
NEST 2021 counselling process will be organized in various rounds through offline mode. It is mandatory to qualify for the entrance exam to get admission in M.Sc programs offered by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS. Students have to report to the counseling venue at the specified date & timing. Candidates have to bring the original documents along with them at the time of counseling.
Documents Required for Admission/Counselling:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet & passing certificates.
- NEST 2021 admit card & rank card.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable).
NEST Admit Card
The NEST Hall Ticket 2021 was made available on 3rd august 2021. The Admit Card can be downloaded through the website. Candidates have to bring the admit card and photo ID proof to the examination center. The admit card will not be sent by post to any candidates.
NEST Exam Pattern
- Exam Date: The examination will be organized at multiple centres (major towns or cities) all over India on 14th august 2021 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Exam Mode: It will be conducted in Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam).
- Language: The question paper will be published in English language only.
- Type of Question: There will be objective (MCQ) questions will be asked.
- Duration of Exam: The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Sections: There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- Total Marks: The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in General section. However, a negative marking is applied in the subject section.
There is not any fixed syllabus for the General section. Generally, the syllabus follows the pattern of NCERT and CBSE science syllabus of 11th & 12th classes. Questions are designed to test the candidate’s mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, computer science, and environment. There will be some other questions that are designed to test the mathematics up to the 10th standard.
How to Prepare for NEST
- Find out all the details of syllabus prescribed by the authority.
- Plan your study schedule according to the syllabus.
- Give equal time to all subjects.
- Check previous year’s question paper to know the exam pattern.
- Take a healthy diet and do exercise and yoga.
NEST Application Form 2021
Applying candidates can check the NEST Registration 2021 details from below:
- The application was announced through online mode from 24th february 2021.
- First, candidates have to register themselves with a valid user email ID on the website.
- In the next step, candidates have to fill their basic details. After this, an application number will be generated for further login.
- Scanned images of signature and photograph (maximum 100 KB) will be uploaded by the candidate in JPEG format.
- Before final submission of the application form, candidates are informed to verify all the details filled by them.
- The last date to fill the application was 15th july 2021.
- Make the fee payment via online process.
- Don’t forget to take the printout of the application form for further use.
- Candidates can make payment using any Credit/Debit card or through Net banking.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for Male (General & OBC) and Rs. 500/- for SC, ST and female & PwD candidates of all other categories.
The essential eligibility criteria to appear in NEST 2021 examination is mentioned here:
- General & OBC Candidates: They should be born on or after August 01, 1998.
- SC/ST/PD candidates: There are 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST/PD candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 standard or equivalent exam in 2016, 2017, 2019 & be appearing in 2021 with science stream only.
- Subjects: Candidates should have the combination of any three subjects from the following Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology as subjects in classes XI and XII.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must score 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent in 12th standard (55% in case of SC/ST/PD categories).
- Appearing Students: Candidates those appearing in final year examination can also apply.