Who needs to register under GST as a TDS ?. Get Details for How can register as TDS or TCS?. Are there any preconditions I must fulfill before registering with GST as a TDS or TCS?. Check all your Tax Deducted at Source related queries answer from below..
Must – Step by Step Guide for Registration as a Tax Deductor
Who needs to register under GST as a TDS ?
1. Who needs to register under GST as a TDS ?
TDS stands for Tax Deducted at Source (TDS). All Governments, Government undertakings, Local Authorities and other notified entities making contractual payments in excess of INR 2.5 Lakhs to suppliers need to register as a TDS under GST. In the GST regime, while making such a payment in excess of INR 2.5 Lakhs, the concerned Governments, Government undertakings, Local Authorities and other notified entities needs to deduct 1% under CGST Act and 1% under SGST Act; In case of inter-state transactions, 2% (under IGST Act) of the total payable amount and remit it into the appropriate GST account. Credit of such GST payments will be given to the suppliers.
2. How can register as TDS or TCS?
The Registration Application for Tax Deductor/Tax Collector can be filed by the applicant directly by themselves. In GST regime, the registration process is online and any person/entity wishing to register will have to access the GST system for the same.
Any person who wish to get registered as the Tax Deductor/Tax Collector needs to apply in the application prescribed.
3. Are there any preconditions I must fulfill before registering with GST as a TDS or TCS?
The preconditions are:
- 1. For Registration as Tax Deductor: Applicant has valid PAN or TAN.
- 2. For Registration as Tax Collector: Applicant has valid PAN.
- 3. Applicant must have a valid mobile number.
- 4. Applicant must have valid E-mail ID.
- 5. Applicant must have the prescribed documents and information on all mandatory fields as required for registration.
- 6. Applicant must have a place of business.
- 7. Applicant must have an authorized signatory with valid details.
4. Do I get registered automatically after submitting the registration application along with the prescribed documents?
No, Your registration application will be processed and approved by the relevant Tax Officer, only then will you be issued the registration certificate and GSTIN.