NATA 2019: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation
NATA 2019: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation. NATA 2019 Admit Card will be released on 16th April 2019. NATA 2019 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is managed by the Council of Architecture (COA). It is a national level aptitude test which is conducted for admission into the architecture programme all over the country. From the year 2017, the NATA exam is held only one time in a year. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programme. A NATA score card will be considered by private & governments aided colleges or institutions. Check this article, here we have updated the complete details about NATA 2019.
NATA Exam Dates
|Online Registration Starts||18th January 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration||30th March 2019 (Revised)|
|Admit Card Issued||16th April 2019 (Revised)|
|Date of Exam||29th April 2019|
|Result Declaration||1st June 2019|
NATA Admit Card 2019
Candidates can download their admit card from 16th April 2019 through online mode. Whenever the admit card will be issued by the authority we will update it in our website. The NATA 2019 admit cardwill consist of candidates & exam details such as name of the candidate, roll number, date & time of exam, venue of the test center, etc. Candidates have to carry one of the photo ID proof along with the admit card/appointment voucher.
NATA Exam Pattern
NATA 2019 exam will be conducted on 29th April 2019. The exam pattern is given here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen paper based).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours (10:30 AM to 1:30 PM).
- Type of Question: The question of Mathematics & General Aptitude will be multiple choice questions and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
- No. of Questions: Total 62 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded to the candidates in Mathematics & General Aptitude test.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Qualifying Marks: Secure minimum 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|Mathematics – 20 Questions||40|
|General Aptitude – 40 Questions||80|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper – 2 Questions||80|
The NATA 2019 Syllabus will consist of three sections include Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape. Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
How to prepare for NATA 2019
- Candidates have to understand their drawing & creative skills.
- Make a time-table & give equal interval of time to each subject.
- Aware about complete syllabus & exam pattern of the examination.
- Solve previous year question paper for practice.
- Eat healthy food & stay fit.
- Refer best study material & books.
NATA Result 2019
NATA 2019 Result will be announced after a few weeks of the examination. Candidates will check their results through online mode from the website. The result will be declared on 1st June 2019. The result will be published in three formats: marks secure out of 200, merit list, percentile score. Keep the print copy of the result for admission procedure.
NATA Counselling will be organized by the participating Institutions Individually. No counselling will be conducted by the COA. After the result declaration, candidates can apply to get admission into B.Arch courses in various Institutions & university on the basis of the NATA Score card. The NATA Score Card will be valid only for the academic year 2019-2019.
NATA Registration 2019
- Candidates can register for the NATA 2019 through online mode.
- The NATA 2019 Registration has been started from 18th January 2019.
- Candidates can register till 30th March 2019.
- Candidates have to fill their personal details & upload documents at the time of online form filling.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images, i.e., passport size photograph, own signature and category certificate (if applicable) in a given format.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page generated after the fee payment for further process.
- There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
- The registration fee is Rs. 1800/- for general and Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates can make payment through online mode using debit card/credit card and net banking.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Age Limit: No age limit to apply for NATA exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent or 10+2 Diploma (any stream) or International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
- Subjects: Pass above examination with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Secure at least 50% marks in the above qualifying examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Lateral Entry: There is no process of lateral entry admission into B.Arch course.