Mumbai MBBS BDS Admission 2021. Mumbai is the capital city of Maharashtra. It was the financial capital of India earlier. It is the densely populated city of India. It is India’s largest city by population. It has several private and government medical and dental colleges. All medical courses offered in Mumbai have received the approval of MCI (Medical Council of India) and DCI (Dental Council of India). The average literacy rate of this city is 92.38 per cent. In this article, we have mentioned all the information related to the Mumbai MBBS BDS Admission 2021.

Mumbai MBBS BDS Admission Procedure

Admission into the government and private colleges of the state will be offered through the NEET scorecard. State colleges offer their 85% state quota seats for admitting candidates into the medical courses through centralised counselling. The counselling will be organised by the MCC and DGHS for the remaining 15% of all India seats. The seats will be allotted to the candidates through these counselling procedures.

Entrance Exams

MBBS admission in Mumbai will be made through NEET-UG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) exam. It is the national level entrance examination that is managed every year by the CBSE. Through this entrance, examination candidates will get into Mumbai MBBS BDS admission courses. Candidates can also apply for JIPMER and AIIMS national level exams to admission to the university and its affiliated campuses. To get admission to PG medical course, candidates should appear in the NEET PG entrance exam.

Top Medical Colleges in Mumbai

Mumbai has much reputed government as well as non-government colleges and universities. Some of the top medical colleges in Mumbai are MGM Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai, Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai, Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Mumbai and many more.

Mumbai MBBS BDS Admission 2021

There are many medical colleges under government and private where candidates can get into Mumbai MBBS BDS admission on appearing in the NEET entrance exam. To get admission in MBBS/BDS courses, candidates have to be eligible for the exam. Below we have given the basic eligibilities to sit in the written test.

  • Candidate should belong to Indian national.
  • Overseas Citizen of India can also apply.
  • The lower age limit to apply is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
  • The upper age limit is 25 years and 30 years for SC/ST candidates.
  • Candidates should clear the 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCB and English subject.
  • Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
  • In the qualifying examination, candidate should score minimum 50% marks (40% for reserve category candidates).

Read more about: Pune MBBS BDS Admission 2021

Advertisement

Selection Procedure

The candidates who qualify in the NEET exam will be considered for the counselling rounds. Candidates can fill their choices for the colleges during the counselling process after registering on the concerned counselling website. The state medical authority will conduct centralised counselling for participating colleges for 85% of state quota seats. The candidates must appear in the counselling for seat allotment. Candidates can confirm their seats by reporting to the assigned colleges and submit the admission fee. The seats will be allotted as per the candidate’s filled choice, rank and availability of seats.

Documents Required

Candidates should bring the listed below documents for getting admission into the allotted college. Without having these documents, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.

  • NEET 2021 Admit Card
  • NEET 2021 Rank Card
  • Intermediate Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Matric Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Category Certificate
  • Domicile Certificate
  • Character Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Passport-size Photographs

Join the Discussion