MBFCC Examination – Course, Eligibility, Course Structure, Exam Dates
MBFCC: The Committee on Management Accounting (CMA) of ICAI had launched the Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance in the Year 2009 to impart the nitty-gritties of finance to the members of the Institute. A very comprehensive and wide course curriculum was formulated by the Committee on Management Accounting (CMA) which focuses on all contemporary and advanced facets of finance such as fund raising, equity and fixed income research, financial planning, risk management, Indian Depository Receipts (IDRs), derivatives, corporate valuation, mergers & acquisitions, working capital management, forex, import / export financing, treasury, banking and investments and RBI guidelines etc.
The underlying objective of introducing the course by the Committee was to inculcate skills, tools, techniques and practices relating to Management Accounting and Financial Management. The inherent thinking of the Committee was to develop the members as an expert in Financial Management especially under the contemporary changing circumstances.
- Extension of Last date for payment of requisite fees and submission of online examination form for MBFCC examinations during May – June, 2019 examinations.
- Rescheduling of Examination of Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance (MBFCC) during May – June, 2019
The course provides an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of theoretical as well as practical aspects of Business Finance to the participants. The Course is designed to amplify the business finance skills of Chartered Accountants and enabling them to become business leaders.
The Group discussions as a part of course curriculum provides a good opportunity for the participants to share their rich knowledge and experiences with each other. The course thus intends to enable the participants to be the best in finance arena.
Details of Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance
Only a member of the ICAI is eligible to pursue this course.
2. Course Structure
- i. The Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance shall include approx. 30 class room sessions, mandatorily attendance in two Residential programmes (5 days each programme) and examinations.
- ii. A candidate who has successfully passed the Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance shall be awarded a Certificate in the appropriate form.
3. Papers and syllabus for the Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance (MBFCC)
A candidate for completing the Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance, shall be examined in the following levels and subjects:
- Paper 1: Financial Management and Advanced Financial Analysis (100 marks)
- Paper 2: Capital Structuring, Fund Raising and Investment Management (100 marks)
- Paper 3: Capital and Financial Market Management (100 marks)
- Paper 4: Forex and Treasury Management (100 marks)
- Paper 5: Valuations, Merger & Acquisition and Restructuring (100 marks)
- Paper 6: Banking, Risk Management and Business Strategy (100 marks) For detailed syllabus, please go through the course curriculum available at http://resource.cdn.icai.org/40660cma30433.pdf.
4. Conduct of examinations
The MBFCC examinations will be conducted after the completion of the sessions. Candidates are advised to refer to examination notifications hosted from time to time on the website of the Institute www.icai.org to ensure compliance of specific requirements of the examinations.
5. Registration and other requirements
A. Schedule of the Course Sessions
The participants would be required to attend the course sessions on alternate weekends. The sessions will be held on every 2nd & 4th Saturdays and Sundays of the month.
The timings are as under:
- On 2nd / 4 th Saturdays – from 2.00 PM to 7.30 PM.
- On 2nd / 4th Sundays – from 9.30 AM to 3 PM.
Please note that only tea with light snacks will be provided during the classes.
B. Course Duration
The Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance is approximately of One year course including class room sessions, Residential programmes and examinations.
C. Minimum Number of Participants
- Minimum no. of the participants per batch: 30
- Maximum no. of participants: 70
D. Fee Structure –
- Course Registration Fee: Rs. 30,000/- plus applicable taxes which includes class room sessions and background material for the Course.
- Residential Programme Fee: Rs. 20,000/- plus applicable taxes which includes fee @ Rs. 10,000/- plus applicable taxes per residential programme for two programmes. Further, this includes stay costs, food expenses at ICAI Centre of Excellence, Hyderabad. However the travel cost will be borne by a participant himself / herself.
- Examination fee as per the examination notice hosted on the Institute’s website.
Note: Please note that the registration fee once paid is non-refundable.
Members of the ICAI interested in pursuing the Certificate Course on Master in Business Finance have to download the registration form available at http://resource.cdn.icai.org/30312mbf_registration_form.pdf and submit duly completed registration form to the Committee along with necessary fee on or before the prescribed last date of submission of documents.
F. Mode of payment
The Course registration fee can be paid either online or offline. In case of online payment, the candidate is advised to refer to the announcement of commencement of new batches hosted from time to time on the website of the Institute.
In case of offline registration, a Demand Draft of Rs. 35,400/- drawn in favour of ‘The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India’ payable at New Delhi is to be sent along with duly filled registration form.
Documents which have to be submitted in both the above cases along with the duly filled course registration fees are as under:
- Copy of duly filled application form.
- Proof of online payment (in case of online payment)
- Two copies of recent passport sized photographs and
- Proof of ICAI membership.
G. CPE Hours
The maximum CPE Hours granted for the course would be as per the minimum requirement recommended by the CPE Committee, for a Calendar year for the members in practice. i.e. 30 for the year 2017 as under –
25 CPE Hours on completion of training with necessary attendance 5 CPE Hours shall be granted only after qualifying the Course