KVPY Eligibility 2022, Criteria for Stream SA, SX, SB. KVPY Eligibility 2022 comprises minimum qualification requirements, age criteria, etc. KVPY generally known as Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level fellowship/scholarship programme. This programme was started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of Ind, in 1999. It is managed by the Indian Institute of Science, Banglore. KVPY is conducted to provide fellowship and contingency grant to the pre-Ph.D. level for the selected students. Here, we are providing the detailed information about KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2022.
To read more about the KVPY exam, click here
KVPY Eligibility 2022
Candidates can appear for the aptitude test if they meet the given KVPY eligibility criteria according to the Stream:
- Only Indian candidates can apply for the KVPY Fellowship programme.
For Stream SA
- Those candidates studied in XI Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2022-23 can apply for this test.
- Candidates have to score at least 80% marks (70% marks in case of the SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in Class X.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join an UG programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2022-23.
For Stream SX
- Candidates studied in XII Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2022-23 can appear.
- Candidates have to obtain minimum 80% marks for Gen category & 70% marks for SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in High School Examination.
- Candidates have to score at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard.
- Students can join the undergraduate programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2022-23.
For Stream SB
- Those candidates studied in 1st year of UG course in Basic Science such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS in the academic year of 2022-23 can appear for this exam.
- Candidates have to secure at least 60% marks in case of GEN category & 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science subjects in Intermediate Board Examination.
- Candidates have to obtain 60% marks (50% Marks for SC/ST/PWD category) in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY Exam Dates
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of Registration Process||1st week of September 2022|
|Last date for submission of the application form||Last week of October 2022|
|Last date of application fee payment||1st week of November 2022|
|Admit card availability||1st week of January 2023|
|KVPY 2022 Exam Date||Last week of January 2023|
|Answer key releases||1st week of February 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of March 2023|