Karnataka PGCET 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates. Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form has been released. Karnataka PGCET 2021 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It is a state-level entrance examination. Karnataka PGCET is referred to as Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. This exam is organized for admission into 1st-year full time/part-time MBA/MCA/M.Arch/M.Tech/ME, part-time M.Tech (QIP) & 2nd year of MCA programme. These courses are provided by the private/government/private un-aided colleges located in Karnataka. In this article, we are providing detailed information about Karnataka PGCET 2021.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
Below, we have mentioned the tentative dates of the Karnataka PGCET 2021:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Announced)|
|Starting of application form||3rd September 2021|
|Online Registration Close||17th September 2021|
|Hall Ticket||12th October 2021|
|Karnataka 2021 PGCET Exam Date||22nd & 23rd October 2021|
|Releasing of Answer key||Within 3 days of the exam|
|Declaration of Result||–|
Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2021
Candidates have to follow the given below procedure to fill the Karnataka PGCET application form 2021:
- Candidates will be able to fill the Karnataka PGCET online application through online mode only.
- No other mode is applicable to fill the application. Click here to apply for the exam and fill the application.
- The application form is issued from 3rd september 2021 and can be filled till 17th september 2021.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression (in JPEG format).
- Candidates must enter their correct mobile numbers and E-mail address for future correspondence.
- Take at least three printouts of the filled application, proof of fee paid & 2-3 Photographs that scanned & uploaded in the application for further reference.
- Candidates can pay the application fee only through offline mode (Bank Challan).
- Candidates can make payment from any of the branch of specified banks.
- The application fee is Rs. 650 (General & OBC category) & Rs. 500 (SC/ST Category).
Before applying for the exam, candidates first check the eligibility criteria & then fill the application:
- Residential:Candidate must belongs to Karnataka state & have a domicile certificate of Karnataka.
- Candidates, those are not belong to Karnataka state are eligible for admission into MBA/MCA seats.
- Candidates have a valid GATE score card are not eligible to appear Karnataka PGCET exam, but they can fill the application form.
For MBA (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass 3 years Bachelor Degree or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have secure aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
- Qualification Exam: Candidates have to pass under graduate or equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to clear qualifying exam with Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Application, Computer Programming, Business Mathematics and Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure aggregate at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates have to qualify bachelor degree in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) from a reconized university.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain an aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
For ME/M.Tech/M.Arch (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to clear qualifying or equivalent examination from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure an aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates.
- Candidates have a valid GATE Score Card.
Note: SC/ST/Category-I/OBC eligibility criteria apply to Karnataka Candidates only.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
The question paper will be in different versions. The Exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (Pen-Paper Based).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Type of Question: The question will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination for each course.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidate for correct answer in MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus
The syllabus is different for all courses.
Proficiency in English Language, General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry and Probability & Statistics.
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics, Data Representation.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General English
- Time play a very important role in the exam preparation. Students have to manage their time well.
- Prepare a study plan for each day to given equal amount of time for each subject.
- Go through the previous years question paper & familiarize yourself with nature of questions.
- Solve online tests to know the exact procedures.
- Start early to cover all the chapters & subjects & give sufficient time for practice.
- Choose good study material & books for exam preparation.
Karnataka PGCET Hall Ticket 2021
- Candidates will avail the admit card through online mode from our website or KEA website.
- Karnataka PGCET Admit card will be announced and will be available to download from 12th october 2021.
- The admit card will contain candidate & exam details such as name of the candidate, exam center address, date & time of exam, category, gender, etc.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Karnataka PGCET Result 2021
- Karnataka PGCT 2021 result will be declared in the 3rd week of october 2021.
- Candidates can view their results through online mode from our website.
- On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the exam, the merit list will be prepared.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for all the offered courses.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of the merit list.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2021
- After the publication of the merit list, the counselling process will be started in the 1st week of November 2021.
- Candidates have to attend the Karnataka PGCET counselling in person (itself) for the seat allotment.
- Candidates have to choose the college and stream on the day of counselling.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the marks secured in the examination.
- Candidate’s documents will be verified at the time of counselling.
Documents required at the time Counselling
- SSLC or 10th standard or equivalent examination Mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate
- Passing Degree Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate (If candidate claiming to Caste reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Disabled Certificate (if Applicable)