JEST Application Form 2022 – Apply Here for JEST, Eligibility, Fees. JEST 2022 will be organised in April 2022 through pen and paper mode. JEST exam is a national level examination conducted to offer admission to PhD and Integrated PhD courses in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science, Neuroscience or Computational Biology. JEST is recognised as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). JEST exam is also referred to as Joint Entrance Screening Test. Candidates can get admission to various institutions through the JEST scorecard. Candidates can check details about the JEST Application form 2022.
JEST Application Form 2022
Details about the application form 2022 are mentioned below:
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- JEST Registration 2022 has been started from 1st to 2nd week of January 2022.
- Click here to apply for JEST exam 2022
- The last date to submit the application form will be 2nd week of February 2022.
- Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the prospectus.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of the signature and the photograph in the JPEG format.
- After successful submission of the application form, candidates will receive an E-mail of the acceptance of the application form.
The application fee can be deposited through an online payment gateway (Debit card/Credit card and Net-banking). Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST candidates).
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of the JEST 2022 exam in the given below table:
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)|
|Ph. D (Physics) Programme||Candidates must have qualified M.Sc. in Physics. Some of the institutions also accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics.|
|Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science atIMSc||M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech in Computer Science and related streams.|
|Ph. D in Neuroscience atNBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA in Computer Science|
|Ph. D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech./MCA in any engineering or science with some mathematical skills and strong knowledge of biological problems.|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph. D Programme (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics).|
At NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering (Physics), with a minimum of 1st class marks.
For admission to IIA, the qualification required is B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E./B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics will also be considered.
B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered for admission at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
|Integrated Ph. D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science atIMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines|
|Integrated M.Tech – Ph. D Programme atIIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics|
|Integrated Ph. D Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline|
JEST 2022 Application Dates
The Official application dates for the JEST 2022 examination are given below.
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Availability of application||1st to 2nd week of January 2022|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of February 2022|
|Last date to pay the application fee||3rd to 4th week of February 2022|
|Release of admit card||3rd to 4th week of March 2022|
|JEST 2022 exam date||2nd week of April 2022|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit challenge/ objections against the answer key||4th week of April 2022|
|Declaration of result||Last week of April 2022|
|Interview process starts||1st to 2nd week of May 2022|
How to Apply for JEST
Candidates can apply according to the steps given below:
- Candidates have to visit the official link (link is given above).
- Candidates are required to register themselves with a valid E-mail ID.
- Login on the website with your user name (Registered E-mail ID) and password.
- Now, fill all the necessary details in the application carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee using online mode.
- Take a printout of the application form for further use.