Instructions for Filing ITR 4S (SUGAM) For AY 2017-18: These instructions are guidelines for filling the particulars in this Return Form. In case of any doubt, please refer to relevant provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961 and the Income tax Rules, 1962. Check Instructions for ITR 4S SUGAM Income Tax Return AY 2017-18. In this article you can find complete details for filing ITR 4S SUGUM for AY 2017-18 like – General Instructions for Filing ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18, Applicability of Assessment Year for Filing ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18, Who can use or who can not use ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18 etc. Now you can check more details About “Instructions for Filing ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18” from below…..
Other Relevant Article –
Instructions for Filing ITR 4S (SUGAM) For AY 2017-18
1. Assessment Year for which this Return Form is applicable
This Return Form is applicable for assessment year 2017-18 only, i.e., it relates to income earned in Financial Year 2016-17.
2. Who can use this Return Form
This Return Form is to be used by an individual/ HUF/ Partnership Firm whose total income for the assessment year 2017-18 includes:-
- (a) Business income where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in sections 44AD and 44AE of the Act for computation of business income; or
- (b) Income from Profession where such income is computed in accordance with special provisions referred to in sections 44ADA; or
- (c) Salary/ Pension; or
- (d) Income from One House Property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous years); or
- (e) Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses).
Note 1: The income computed shall be presumed to have been computed after giving full effect to every loss, allowance, depreciation or deduction under the Income-tax Act.
Note 2: Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used only if the income being clubbed falls into the above income categories.
3. Who cannot use ITR4S Return Form
SUGAM cannot be used in following cases
- (a) Income from more than one house property; or
- (b) Income from Winnings from lottery or income from Race horses; or
- (c) Income under the head “Capital Gains”, e.g. Short-term capital gains or long-term capital gains from sale of house, plot, shares etc.; or
- (d) Income taxable under section 115BBDA; or
- (e) Income of the nature referred to in section 115BBE; or
- (f) Agricultural income in excess of ₹5,000; or
- (g) Income from Speculative Business and other special incomes; or
- (h) Income from an agency business or income in the nature of commission or brokerage; or
- (i) Person claiming relief of foreign tax paid under section 90, 90A or 91; or
- (j) Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India; or
- (k) Any resident having income from any source outside India.
4. SUGAM form is not mandatory
SUGAM Business Form shall not apply at the option of the assessee, if –
- (i) the assessee keeps and maintains all the books of account and other documents referred to in section 44AA in respect of the business or profession.
- (ii) the assessee gets his accounts audited and obtains a report of such audit as required under section 44AB in respect of the business or profession. In the above scenarios, Regular ITR-3 or ITR-5, as the case may, should be filed and not SUGAM.
5. Annexure-less Return Form
No document (including TDS Certificate) should be attached to this Return Form. All such documents enclosed with this Return Form will be detached and returned to the person filing the return.
6. Manner of filing this Return Form This Return Form can be filed with the Income-tax Department in any of the following ways–
- (i) By furnishing the return in a paper form;
- (ii)By furnishing the return electronically under digital signature;
- (iii)By transmitting the data in the return electronically under electronic verification code;
- (iv)By transmitting the data in the return electronically and thereafter submitting the verification of the return in Return Form ITR – V;
Note – Where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 6(iv), the assessee should printout two copies of Form ITR – V
NOTE: One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent by post to – Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru— 560 100, Karnataka. The other copy may be retained by the assessee for his record.
Only the following persons have an option to file return in paper form:-
- (i) an individual of the age of 80 years or more at any time during the previous year; or
- (ii) an individual or HUF whose income does not exceed five lakh rupees and no refund is claimed in the return of income.
7. Filling out the acknowledgment
Only one copy of this Return Form is required to be filed where the Return Form is furnished in the manner mentioned at 6(i). The acknowledgment/ ITR-V should be duly filled.
8. Obligation to file return
Every individual or HUF whose total income before allowing deductions under Chapter VI-A of the Income-tax Act, exceeds the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income tax is obligated to furnish his return of income. The deductions under Chapter VI-A are mentioned in Part C of this Return Form. The maximum amount not chargeable to income tax in case of different categories of individuals is as follows:-
|S.No||Category||Amount (in ₹)|
|(i)||In case of individuals below the age of 60 years||2,50,000|
|(ii)||In case of individuals, being resident in India, who are of the age of 60 years or more at any time during the financial year 2016-17 but below the age of 80 years.||3,00,000|
|(iii)||In case of individuals, being resident in India, who are of the age of 80 years or more at any time during the financial year 2016-17.||5,00,000|
Every firm shall furnish the return where income from business or profession is computed in accordance with section 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE.
Tax Computation Table
A In case of individual or HUF(i) In case of every individual (other than resident individual who is of the age of 60 years or more at any time during the financial year 2016-17) or HUF – check below image
Download ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18
Download Detailed Instructions of ITR 4S SUGAM For AY 2017-18
- Click Here to Download Detailed Instructions of ITR 4 SUGAM For AY 2017-18