IISc Eligibility 2019, Check IISc Entrance Test Eligibility. IISc Eligibility 2019 provides an overview of the rules and conditions that must be satisfied by the candidates if seeking admission in IISc, Bangalore. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university which offers education in the area of science & research. The university didn’t conduct any entrance exam to get admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and research programme. The admission into these courses will be based on JEE Main, KVPY, GATE, NEET, JAM, etc. In this article, we have gathered all the information related to IISc 2019 Eligibility.
IISc Eligibility 2019
Candidates have to fulfill the given eligibility criteria to get admission into UG, PG, Integrated & Research programmes. The IISc Entrance Test eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
Bachelor of Science (Research):
- Candidates have to pass 10+2 or PUC examination in 2018 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subject from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc., in addition to PCM are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to secure a first class or 60% or equivalent grade in a qualifying examination.
- SC/ST Candidates have to score only passing marks in the examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
Note: Candidates have to qualify one of the national level entrance tests: JEE Main 2019, NEET 2019, JEE Advanced 2019 & KVPY-SA 2017, KVPY-SX 2018, KVPY-SB 2018.
- Candidates have to complete bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates have to pass a masters degree in Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics or MCA can also apply.
- Candidates have to complete bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ Design/Architecture can apply for M.Des programme.
- For M.Tech/M.Des programme, candidates have to pass the examination with second class.
- Candidates, those pass Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent degree, they can apply for M.Mgt programme.
- For M.Mgt, candidates have to pass the examination with first class.
Note: All the candidates have to qualify GATE 2017/2018/2019 (for M.Tech), GATE 2017/2018/2019 or CEED 2019 (for M.Des), GATE 2017/2018/2019 or CAT 2018 or GMAT score (for M.Mgt). Candidates have to possess the valid scorecard(s) as on 1st August 2019.
- Candidates have to complete first class in B.Sc or equivalent degree in Physical, Mathematical, Chemical, Biological Sciences (including Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences) can apply.
- BE/B.Tech degree holder who qualify JAM exam in Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics, they can apply for the Mathematical Sciences discipline.
- BE/B.Tech degree holder who pass JAM exam in Biotechnology, they can apply for Biological Sciences discipline.
- Candidates who have qualify JEST 2019, they are eligible to get admission in Physical Science Discipline.
Research Programme (Ph.D & M.Tech (Research)
- Candidates who hold Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Graduates of Bachelor of Science programmes (4 years) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in Science/Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/Application can also apply.
- Candidates have to qualify master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences are also eligible.
- Candidates who pass MS/MBA (post BE/B Tech) (applicable to the Department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences) can also apply.
- Candidates who hold Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering/Technology from any centrally funded technical institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent either of the seventh semester or at the end of the eighth semester can also apply.
- Candidates have an MBBS/MD degree, they can also apply.
- Candidates possessing a minimum of second class in the following degrees.
Note: Candidates have to qualify one of the following appropriate national tests with validity as on 1st August 2019 is mandatory: CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF; or ICMR JRF; or JEST 2019; or NBHM Screening Test 2019; or GATE 2017/2018/2019 or INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D).