Form 15CA & Form 15CB – Everything you want to know about. Find Complete details for Form 15CA & Form 15CB. All about for Form 15CA & Form 15CB. Check Complete details regarding Form 15CA & Form 15CB like – What is form 15CA ?, What is form 15CB ?, How to furnish form 15CA ? etc. Recently we also provide Why should I pay tax? and TDS on Non residents Section 195 Now you can scroll down below and check “Form 15CA & Form 15CB – Everything you want to know about”
If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
Form 15CA & Form 15CB
What is form 15CA ?
Section 195 of the Income tax Act, 1961 mandates deduction of income tax from payments made or to be made but credited the party already, to none residents at the rates in force.
when you are trying to pay money across international boundaries it may become more complex to collect the amount of income tax on that payment from the party to whom payment is being made. So in order to avoid this difficulty sec 195 has been in force , which talks about deduction of tax while making payments to a non resident individual PR non resident company what ever it could be.
What is form 15CB ?
The person making the payment needs to obtain a certificate from a Chartered Accountant in Form 15CB. The format of Form 15CB has been prescribed by Central Board of Direct Taxes
The person making the payment to a nonresident needs to furnish an Form 15CA followed by a Chartered Accountants Certificate in Form 15CB.
As per RBI :
Except in cases of certain personal remittances which have been specifically exempted, no payment should be made to a nonresident without furnishing an undertaking in Form 15CA accompany by Form 15CB
How to furnish form 15CA ?
Form 15CA has to be filled electronically in the website of income at ax Department.
Before furnishing form 15CA The Person making the Payment shall obtain a certificate from an accountant(Preferably a CA) in Form 15CB , Where he/she certifies details of the payment, TDS rate and TDS deduction as per section 195 of the Income Tax Act, if any DTAA (Double Tax Avoidance Agreement) is applicable, and other details like nature and purpose of the remittance.
The payer shall electronically upload the undertaking containing the remittance details to the department in form 15CA on the website of http://www.tin-nsdl.com
The print out of the Form 15CA which is furnished online should be signed by authorized signatory and submitted to the bank prior to remitting the payment along with certificate of a Chartered Accountant in duplicate in Form 15CB.
Following are the mandatory requirements to quote while furnishing this form :
3)No field is to be filled in Area code, AO type, Range code & AO number. The fields will be entered by the system after validating the PAN and/or TAN.
4) In case an invalid PAN and or TAN is filled in by the remitter, the Form will not be generated.
Points to be known :
1) when remittance is towards the list of 28 items mentioned in Rule 37BB then s Form 15CA and certificate from CA in Form 15CB are not required.
2) If the remittance does not exceed Rs 50,000 (single transaction) and Rs 2,50,000 (total in a financial year) then Only Form 15CA is has to be submitted in this case. No need to obtain form 15CB.
- Complete Details for E-payment of Direct Taxes
- Is deduction allowed for stamp duty & registration charges?
- Submission of PAN Details of Landlord
- rebate u/s 87A
- All About Black Money Bill 2015
- Deposits Under Company’s Act 2013
- Why should I pay tax?
- TDS on Non residents Section 195
- Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements
- How to Determine Residential status in India
- Interest on income tax u/s 234A , 234B, 234C