Do’s and Don’ts in New Pan Card Application 2020 – New Guide
PAN card i.e Permanent Account Number Card is an important document. Whether you need to open a bank account or file an income tax return, you need a PAN card everywhere. If you do not have a PAN card, you must get it made. Today we will know what is this PAN card, how can you apply for PAN card online from the comfort of your home, what documents are required for this, what are the benefits of making PAN card and PAN card Where is the need?
|Issuing department||Income Tax Department, Government of India|
|PAN Customer Support Number||020 – 27218080|
|PAN card validity||Lifelong|
|Pan fee||₹ 101 (at Indian address) and ₹ 1011 (at foreign address)|
Do’s and Don’ts in New Pan Card Application, Important information for persons making an application for allotment of PAN (Form 49A). Recently we provide complete details for how to Track PAN Card Status, Know Your PAN, Verify PAN online, and Instructions for Filing PAN Card Correction Form.
Do’s and Don’ts in New Pan Card Application
- Do use ‘Form 49A’for making application for allotment of PAN.
- Do fill the application in block letters in English and preferably with black ink.
- Do paste two recent colour photographs (size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm).
- Do provide the signature within the box.
- If thumb impression is put on the application form, do get the thumb impression attested by Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- Do provide correct AO code in the application.
- Do specify AO code as below if applicant is a defence employee
- Army – PNE W 55 3
Air Force – DEL W 72 2
- Do attach Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB – for Individual & HUF) as per Rule 114 (4) of Income Tax Rules, 1962.
- Do provide the POI, POA and PODB which have name exactly as written in the application.
- Do provide details of Representative Assessee in column 14 of application form, if applicant is Minor, Idiot, Lunatic or Deceased.
- Do provide POI and POA for Representative Assessee also, if Representative Assessee is appointed.
- Do write the complete postal address in the application with landmark.
- Do mention correct pin code in the address field.
- Do mention telephone number / e- mail id in the application.
- Do not overwrite or make corrections in the application.
- Do not pin or staple the photograph.
- Do not sign across the box (i.e. signature should be within the box)
- Do not provide POI and POA which are not in the name of the applicant.
- Do not write any additional details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box.
- Do not mention Husband’s name in the Father’s Name column.
- Do not abbreviate your name or do not use initials.
- Do not apply for a new PAN if you already have one.
For further assistance :
- Call PAN/TDS Call Centre at 020 – 27218080
- e-mail us at:
- For tracking the Status of application log on to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html
- Write to: NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
- SMS NSDLPAN <space> 15 digit Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status.