How to Determine Residential status in India. Rules for Determine Residential Status for the purpose of Income Tax. Check Residential status and Taxation Rules in India. Check How to Determine Residential status for the Purpose of Income Tax in India Find full details for Residential status in India Like - Basic concept of Residential status, Residential status of an individual, How to determine the residential status as ordinarily resident & not ordinarily resident, Important points to be known for better interpretation etc. Recently we also provide Interest on income tax u/s 234A , 234B, 234C. Now you can scroll down below and check complete details regarding "How to Determine Residential status in India"If you like this article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future ……….and subscribe to our mailing list ” freely “
- Interest on income tax u/s 234A , 234B, 234C
- Complete Details for E-payment of Direct Taxes
- Is deduction allowed for stamp duty
- Submission of PAN Details of Landlord
- rebate u/s 87A
How to Determine Residential status in India
Residential status of an individual :Determination of residential status of an assessee depends upon satisfaction of following conditions.
Important points to be known for better interpretation :
- A person is said to be of Indian origin if he or either of his parents or any of his grand-parents were born in undivided India. It may be noted that grand-parents include both maternal and paternal grand-parents.
- Citizenship of a country and residential status are different concepts. A person may be an Indian national but may not be a resident in India. On the other hand, a person may be a foreign citizen but may be a resident in India.
- Day of leaving India and the day of arriving in India will be considered for residential status determination.
- Stay in India includes stay in the territorial water of India i.e. 12 nautical miles in to the sea from the Indian coastal line.
Rule of taxation on the basis of residential status of the assessee
|Nature of income||Residential status|
|ROR (*)||RNOR (*)||NR (*)|
|Income accrued in India||Taxable||Taxable||Taxable|
|Income deemed to be accrued in India||Taxable||Taxable||Taxable|
|Income received in India||Taxable||Taxable||Taxable|
|Income deemed to be received in India||Taxable||Taxable||Taxable|
|Income other than above, but from a business controlled from India||Taxable||Taxable||Not Taxable|
|Income other than above (i.e., income which has no relation with India)||Taxable||Not Taxable||Not Taxable|
NOR means resident, but not ordinarily resident.
NR means non-resident