CA Intermediate Course: Candidates can register for Intermediate level of CA Course through two routes, namely
- After qualifying CA Foundation Course, or
- Through Direct Entry Scheme, if candidates are Graduates/Post Graduates with prescribed percentage of marks or have qualified the Intermediate Level examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India / the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Must – IPCC Result
CA Inter Direct Entry Route
The ICAI allows the following candidates to enter directly to its Intermediate Course
A. Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (with minimum 55% marks) or Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (with minimum 60% marks) and
B. Intermediate level passed candidates of Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India
Candidates who are Graduates/ Post Graduates in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including open University) by studying any three papers carrying a minimum of 50 marks in a semester/year and cumulatively 100 or more marks over the entire duration of the concerned course out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting or similar to the title of these papers with different nomenclatures or other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) or Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from qualifying Foundation and can register directly to Intermediate Course.
CA Intermediate Course Provisional Registration
Candidates who are pursuing the Final Year of Graduation Course can also register for the Intermediate Course on provisional basis and their registration would be regularized only on submission of satisfactory proof of having passed the Graduation examination with the specified percentage of marks within six months from the date of appearance in the final year graduation examination then they can commence practical training and on completion of ICITSS (Information Technology (IT) and Orientation Course (OC)). During the provisional registration period, a student can undergo and complete ICITSS (IT and OC). If such candidate fails to produce the proof within the aforesaid period, his provisional registration shall stand cancelled and the registration and other fees paid by him shall not be refunded/ adjusted and no credit shall be given for the theoretical education undergone.
Conversion to Direct Entry Route
Existing Students of Common Proficiency Course / Foundation Course on being eligible to join Intermediate Course through Direct Entry can any time register for Intermediate Course through Direct route by paying the Intermediate Registration fees only.
Students of Intermediate Course through CPT / Foundation Course on being eligible to join Intermediate Course through Direct Entry can convert to Intermediate through Direct Entry route by paying Rs. 500/- as conversion charges (study material will not be provided as has already been issued at the time of registration) and register for the balance group of Intermediate, if any.
Existing Students of Intermediate (IPC) Course through CPT / Foundation Course on being eligible to join Intermediate Course through Direct Entry can convert to Intermediate through Direct route by paying 1000 as conversion charges and study material will be provided free of cost but have to register for the balance group of Intermediate, if any.
CA Intermediate Registration Procedure
Candidates have to register for Intermediate Course under both routes by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI website(www.icai.org) in “Course Registration Forms” under “Students tab”.
Candidates while filling the online form should take care of the following
- After filling the Online Form pay, the required fees online using the payment gateway
- On successful payment, system will automatically generate the Form, which is to be printed.
Following documents are to be submitted to concerned Regional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the student…
- Foundation Route students have to submit attested copy of marksheet of Class 12th or its equivalent Central Government recognised examination pass marks statement.
- Direct Entry Route students have to submit attested copy of Graduation / Post Graduation mark statements/marksheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if student, is foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled.
On completion of the registration process, the study material will be sent to the students through Centralized Dispatch System (CDS).
Candidates through Foundation Route can opt for registration for Group I or Group II or Both Groups of Intermediate while Direct Entry Route candidates have to register for both the groups only. Payment of the fees is to be made as per the below chart.
|Various charges||Both Groups (रू)||Both Groups (US$)||Group I / II (रू)||Group I / II (US$)|
|Students’ Activities Fee||2,000||2,000*|
|Registration fee as articled assistant||1,000|
- CA Intermediate Time Table
- CA IPCC Exam Form
- IPCC Result
- CA Intermediate Registration
- CA New Syllabus
- CA Intermediate Eligibility