How to apply for DIN or Procedure to Obtain DIN. Documents Required for DIN Number. Detailed Procedure to Obtain DIN (Director Identification Number) in India. Step by Step Procedure for Obtaining in India. In This Article, You can also Find Documents Required For Registration of DIN. After Providing Penalty For Late Filing of E-Forms Under Companies Act, 2013 and Latest Income Tax Slab Rates
DIN means an identification number which the Central Government may allot to any individual, intending to be appointed as director or to any existing directors of a company, for the purpose of his identification as such and includes Designated Partnership Identification Number (DPIN) issued under section 7 of Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 and rules made thereunder.
All existing and any person intending to be appointed as a director is required to obtain the Director Identification Number (DIN). DIN is also mandatory for directors of Indian Companies who are not citizens of India. However, DIN is not mandatory for directors of the foreign company having branch offices in India.
Every individual, who is intending to be appointed as Director of a company or designated partner of a limited liability partnership is required to make an application electronically in Form DIR -3 to Central Government for obtaining Director Identification Number (DIN) or in case the company is being incorporated through Form INC-32, a maximum of three directors can apply for DIN. DIN is a unique identification number and once obtained is valid for the lifetime of a director. A single DIN is required to be obtained irrespective of the number of directorships.
How to apply for DIN or Procedure to Obtain DIN
The concept of a Director Identification Number (DIN) has been introduced for the first time with the insertion of Sections 266A to 266G of Companies (Amendment) Act, 2006. As such, all the existing and intending Directors have to obtain DIN within the prescribed time-frame as notified.
Section 153: Every individual intending to be appointed as director of a company shall make an application for allotment of Director Identification Number to the Central Government in such form and manner and along with such fees as may be prescribed
Requirements for Obtaining DIN Number
Form No – DIR 3
- Full name of the applicant
- Father Name
- Place of Birth
- Email id and Mobile number
- Educational Qualification Details
- Present occupation
- 1 Passport size photo
- PAN Card ( Mandatory )
- Proof of address
- Bank statement of Director (Not Older than two months) Address in the Bank Statement should be matched with the Proof of Address of the document you provided.
Forms for DIN application and modification thereof:
- SPICe Form: Application for allotment of DINs to the proposed first Directors in respect of new companies shall be made in SPICe form only.
- DIR-3 Form: Any person intending to become a director in an existing company shall have to make an application in eForm DIR-3 for allotment of DIN.
- DIR-6 Form: Any changes in the particulars of the directors shall be filed in form DIR-6.
Step 2: Get Scanned Following Document :
- Passport Size Photo
- Proof of Identity of Applicant (Self – Attested)
- In the case of Indian nationals, Income-tax PAN is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- In the case of foreign nationals, a passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- Address proofs of Applicant (Self – Attested): Passport, Election (Voter Identity) Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill or Aadhar Card shall be attached and should be in the name of applicant only.
- (A) In the case of Indian applicant, documents should not be older than two months from the date of filing of the E-Form.
- (B) In the case of the foreign applicant, address proof should not be older than one year from the date of filing of the E-Form
Step 3: Obtain DSC :
Get Class 2 Dsc Certificates from Certifying Authority licensed by Controller of Certifying Authorities.
Step 4: Form Filling
1. Fill the FORM DIR – 3 attaching the step 2 scanned documents.
2.The form is to be digitally signed by the Applicant and Practising Professional ( CA/CS/CWA in whole-time practice) or company secretary in full-time employment or director of the company in which the applicant is to be appointed as a director
Step 5: Applicant / Professional Registration on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id :
- Click the “New User” link on the MCA portal homepage ( Link: http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/login.do)
- Select appropriate User category and role and fill your personal and contact details.
- Enter a User ID of your choice and depending upon the user category & role selected, enter a password or select your digital signature certificate. Your User ID can be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 11 characters. The password can be 8 to 10 characters long and should contain at least one numeric character, one upper case and one lower case alphabet and should not contain any special character such as *, &, $, _ etc.
- Provide a hint question and its answer that will be used in case you forget your password or to change/ update your DSC later.
- Type the randomly displayed system generated text in the box provided, for authentication.
- Click ‘Create My Account’ button to submit the details for registration.
- Acknowledgement for successful registration will be displayed on the screen.
- A confirmation email will also be sent to your email ID as provided by you.
Step 6: Form Uploading and Fees Payment :
After obtaining the login-id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on ‘e-Form upload’ link available under the ‘e- Forms’ tab for uploading the e-Form DIR-3. Upon upload, pay the fees ( Rs 500/-) for e-Form DIR-3, Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Net banking / Credit Card) e-Form DIR-3 will be processed only after the DIN application fee is paid.
Step 7: DIN Generation :
In case of Form DIR-3 details have not been identified as potential duplicate, Approved DIN shall be generated, and if the details have been identified as potential duplicate, Provisional DIN shall be generated. In case, DIR-3 is a potential duplicate, the MCA DIN cell will examine the e Form DIR-3, and the same shall be disposed of within one or two days.
POSSIBLE REASONS OF FORM REJECTIONS
- Applicant’s name and father’s name mentioned in abbreviated form. – The Name should be expanded even if the ID proof contains the name in abbreviated form.
- 2. Mismatch in the Name and Father’s Name in DIN form with the ID (Identity) proof enclosed. – Any mismatch in Name, including spelling mistake, may lead to rejection of an application. Minor spelling deviations in the father’s name may be accepted if such deviations do not materially impact the name. Prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc. used in the applicant’s name.
- Residence proofs like Bank Statements, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Utility bills etc. submitted are older than two months of submitting the application for verification OR such documents are in the name of some other person, for example, father or spouse.
- The supporting documents are not duly attested, i.e. Name, Designation, Membership/ Practicing certificate number etc. are not clearly indicated. – If the seal/ stamp do not contain membership/practising certificate number, the same may be recorded by hand.
- Passport / Driving License / Identity proofs etc. attached are expired. – Only such documents which are currently valid should be attached.
Step 8: Post-approval changes in particulars of Form DIR-3:
If there is any change in the particulars submitted in e-form DIR-3, the applicant can submit e-form DIR-6 online. For instance, in the event of a change of address of a director, he/ she is required to intimate this change by submitting e-form DIR-6 along with the required attested documents.
- Classification of Directors under Companies Act 2013
- Independent directors in Indian companies
- Loans by the Directors to Company – Complete Details
- Fraud reporting under the Companies Act
- Incorporation of Pvt. Ltd. Company as per Companies Act 2013
- Penalty For Late Filing of E-Forms Under Companies Act, 2013
- Why GST For India
- CA Final Result
- CA IPCC Result
If you have any query regarding “How to apply for DIN or Procedure to Obtain DIN” then please post your query via below comment box…