Applicability of GST in CS Professional December 2017 Exams. ICSI Release official notification for Applicability of GST in December, 2017 CS Professional Examination. GST is now applicable on CS Course also, please check all details for applicability of GST Course in ICSI CS Professional Course from below…
- CS Professional Registration 2018 – Fees, Last Date, Online Registration
- CS Tax Updates For June 2017 Exams, CS Tax Amendments 2017
- Applicability of GST in CS Executive December 2017 Exams
Applicability of GST in CS Professional December 2017
FOR STUDENTS APPEARING IN DECEMBER, 2017 EXAMINATION
With the implementation of Goods & Services Tax w.e.f July 1,2017, the students of Professional Programme are hereby notified that the selected topics of Part B of the syllabus for “Advance Tax Laws and Practice” (Module 3 Paper 7) of Professional Programme has been replaced with Goods and Services Tax (GST) for December, 2017 examinations.
The syllabus of Part B (70 Marks) of Advance Tax Law and Practice Paper (Module – 3 Paper– 7) for Professional Programme for December, 2017 exam shall be as under:
PART B: CUSTOMS LAWS & GOODS AND SERVICE TAX (70 MARKS) CUSTOMS LAWS
Special Features of Indirect Tax Levies – All Pervasive Nature, Contribution to Government Revenues; Constitutional Provisions Authorizing the Levy and Collection of Customs
2. Customs Laws
- Levy of Customs Duties, Types of Customs Duty Leviable, Tariff Classification & Exemptions, Valuation of Imported and Exported goods
- Provision of Assessment, Payment of Duties, Recovery and Refund of Customs Duties
- Duty Drawback
- Procedure for Clearance of Imported and Exported Goods
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Confiscation of Goods and Conveyances and Imposition of Penalties; Search, Seizure and Arrest, Offences and Prosecution Provisions
- Adjudication, Appeal and Revision; Settlement of Cases, Advance Ruling
- Other Relevant Areas and Case Studies under Custom Laws and Rules
3. Promissory Estoppel in Fiscal Laws – Principles and Applicability with reference to Indirect Taxes
4. Tax Planning and Management – Scope and Management in Customs, with Specific Reference to important Issues in the Respective Areas
GOODS AND SERVICE TAX
- a.) The Central GST Act,2017
- b.) The Integrated GST Act,2017
- c.) The Union Territory GST Act,2017
- d.) The GST(Compensation to States) Act,2017
The rules relating to GST regime shall not be applicable for December, 2017 exam.
Note: 1. Questions relating to Central Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws and Value Added Tax will not be asked in December, 2017 exam.
2. There is no change in the syllabus of Part A – Direct Tax Management (30 Marks) of Advance Tax Laws and Practice Paper (Module – 3 Paper –7) of Professional Programme.
*Supplement relating to Indirect Tax covering the Customs Laws & Goods and Service Tax “GST” will be uploaded at ICSI website under academic corner shortly.
Find GST All Updates on Following links…..
Other GST Articles